Chapter 20

"So when were you guys planning to tell us about this?

"We-I.. it just happened" Aliyah blushed. Nate is scratching the back of his neck as he's looking at the floor sheepishly. I smirk, and see Aaron with the same expression. "I always knew you guys were attracted to each other" I shrug. Aliyah looks at me, eyes wide. "But-"
"I saw you two sneaking glances at each other in the car ride."
"Don't think I didn't see that either" Aaron says matter-of-factly.
The two of them are still blushing. "Don't tell the others" Nate says.
"And why not?" Aaron smirked.
"Because, uh- because, we don't want them to think otherwise?"
Aaron furrows his brows, "bro, seems more like a question."

"Fine, we won't tell the rest about this" I say.
"There's a 'but' coming..." Aliyah says.
I smirk, "What chu think? I'd let it go without a 'but'?"
"I had my doubts" Aliyah says.

"Anywayss" Aaron says.
"Yep. But, you two better sort out this...situation."
"What do you mean?" Aliyah asks, confused.
"I mean, figure out what's going on between you two. If you like each other, say it and be a couple and bam."

They both nod. "Let's go" I say to Aaron and head to my room, him tagging along.

"That was...interesting" he says.
"Indeed it was" I nod agreeing.
"So what are we doing tomorrow?" I ask.
"We haven't decided anything as a group. But I was thinking of suggesting maybe the Staten Island Ferry, or Coney Island? There's an amusement park in Coney Island called Luna Park." I nod. "Do you have any suggestions?" he asks me. "I don't know. Let me search up a few good places." He nods.

After a while, I tell him the names of good places I found. "There's Radio City Music Hall, Bronx Zoo, Ellis Island, Times Square, Central Park, Rockefeller Center-which we should one day visit during Christmas-, and well yeah that's about it" I conclude.

"We should go to Times Square, or the music hall thing" he says. "But I also really like the idea of Coney Island and Luna Park" I add.

"We'll tell them tomorrow morning when we're planning." I nod.

~*~

The time is now 10 am. We've had our breakfast, and are currently sitting at the motel sitting area to plan out the day.

I go over my list of places with them, and we decided the following-

1) First, we go to the Ferry.
2) Then we go Times Square and do some shopping.
3) Then we visit the Radio Music City Hall.
4) Then we have a short picnic in Central Park, because why not.

By then, it'll be about 6 pm.

5) We go to Luna Park (which is in Coney Island).

6) After we're done with the rides, we go to the beach.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is our plan for today.

~*~

•Brooklyn Bridge. Check.
•Love lock. Check.
•Ferry. Check.
•Statue of Liberty. Check.
•Times Square. Check.
•Shopping in NYC. Check.
•Music Hall. Check.
•Picnic in Central Park. Check.
•Rides in Luna Park. ____
•Beach. ____

I check off the things that we've done today so far. Only two more left.

Right now we're on our way to Coney Island.

Sitting beside me is Aaron, while Nate and Aliyah are at the back. The four of us are singing along to Single Ladies by Beyoncé. We even raised our hands when it said 'all the single ladies raise your hands', yes, including Aaron and Nate. Aliyah and I just burst laughing at that and soon we were all laughing at it.

~*~

"Ready for the tickler?" Dylan yells out loud.
"Yeah!" we all yell in response in unison, as we raise our fists to the sky. We all then fall into laughter.

You see what I mean when I say it's always fun with them? We just laugh at whatever.

Right now we are next in line for the tickler. We're going in groups of four. And we made sure all 12 of us are in the same ride turn.

Sitting beside me is Dylan, Aliyah and Jake. In the second trail is Jen, Aaron, Nate and Amanda.
In the third trail is Lucy, Brit, Matt and Max.
And in the fourth trail is a group of people we don't know.

We ride goes all whirly-twirly and spinning around. It's not really a scary ride, it's more of a fun ride.

After about 2 hours, we've ridden almost all the rides in Luna Park. We ate cotton candies, cheerios, and drank slushies and milkshakes when we finally decide to head to the beach.

By now it's 8:30 pm. The sun is about to set, and we're all just in time to see it.

I grab Aliyah's hand in excitement, except it's not Aliyah. It's a guy's hand, bigger than mine, but fits perfectly. I look to see who it is, and find myself looking at Aaron. He smiled at me and holds my hand tighter as he whispers, "Look," he points to the setting sun, "the sun is setting."

I turn my head to see the beautiful sight. The sky is multiple shades of every sweet color.

Pinks, oranges, reds, purples, blues- the sky looks magnificent when the sun is saying goodbye.

"Beautiful" I whisper.
"Indeed" I hear Aaron say.

~*~

Now we're all sitting around a campfire we made on the beach. We're chatting, laughing, joking around, and just having a wonderful time.

Aliyah is now Nate's girlfriend. And to be honest, I saw it coming. According to Aaron, so did he.

Life is good.

These three words keep flashing in my mind.

Life is good.

Life is good.

It's good.

~*~

The time is now 12 am. Midnight. We're at the motel, in our rooms packing our stuff. Tomorrow morning we start driving to our next stop.

New Jersey.