Chapter 7

"If you didn't know how to dance, why'd you say 'lets dance' ?!" Aaron exclaims.
"Welllllll it seemed like the right formal thing to do at this situation!"
"Oh and stepping on my foot every 5 seconds is also a 'right formal thing to do' ?"
"Shut up" I groan. "You're lucky I even agreed to come with you."
"You know you wanted to" he smirks.
"Uh huh..keep dreaming" I retort.

"Awe you two make such an adorable couple." An elderly couple commented. "Oh we're not..." I fade. Instead of completing what I started saying, I give them a smile.

So far the dinner was going well. And by that I mean stepping on Aaron's foot, tripping him over, breaking a plate, and stuttering over my heels every 5 steps.

His aunt is super nice, though. She was so sweet to me when she met me and even complimented me. She was also gushing about how Aaron and I make an amazing couple but I had to stop her there, because we are in no way a couple. We would never be together! Yeah he's hot and popular and all, but just no. Plus, he'd never like someone like me. I'm just not his type. He likes leggy blondes who are willing to throw themselves at him, and I'm quite honestly not like that at all. I just don't understand those girls whatsoever.

I was always the safe, good girl. And I don't mind that. I like to keep telling myself that that's good for my future.

"Stop zoning out" Aaron snaps me out of my thoughts. I give him a flat look. "Well if you werent this boring, maybe I'd stop zoning out."
"So you wanna do something fun, I see" he smirks. I hate his innuendos. I simply roll my eyes and head to the girls bathroom. I needed to call Aliyah.
I take my phone out and call her. She picks up after 4 rings.
"You interrupted my show! I was watching it on my phone" I could almost hear her frown. I chuckle, "I need your help." That got her attention fast enough.
"I need you to tell me how to dance. I keep stepping on Aaron's foot and he seems annoyed by the moment."
She gives me a couple pointers on how to carry myself while dancing, and also went over some steps.
I knew I could count on her for this because she did this before.

I go back outside, grab Aaron's hand and lead him to the dance floor. "Alright, follow my lead," I breath out. "You sure about this? Please don't step on my foot." I give him a hopeful nod. Here goes nothing..

I did exactly what Aliyah said on the phone. I followed all the pointers she gave, and even had Aaron surprised for life. By the end of the song, we did a dip and had everyone applauding for us. I didn't even know people were watching us, I blush. Aaron looks impressed enough to actually compliment me, "not bad, Jordan," an amusing look on his face.

We hang out with his aunt's business associates for some time, have dinner, socialize a bit more, and finally decide it's time to leave.
"It was a pleasure meeting you," I say to aunt Sherlin. "Same here, dear. And thank you so much for coming with Aaron, i appreciate it," she smiles widely. "Well I hope you see you again sometime, bye!" and with that, I head out the gates, Aaron by my side. "That was boring," Aaron groans as soon as we get out the lounge. "Tell me about it," i groan back.

I cross my arms across my chest, it's so cold! "Can we get inside the car quickly? I'm freezing." Aaron nods as he unlocks the car. I slip inside quickly, and it was still cold inside the car. "Please turn on the heaters fast."
He puts in the keys and tries starts the engine, but each time it would fail.
"The car won't start.." he mutters, almost to himself. "We're gonna have to walk, the car's not starting," this time he says louder. "But it's freezing outside! I don't even have a jacket.." I say the last part quieter.
"We don't have any other option, Jordan." I'm actually surprised he didn't retort back a sarcastic comment.

I get out of the car and hear Aaron lock it. I shiver, why does it have to be so cold at nights? I start walking when I suddenly feel a warm material cover my bare arms. Aaron's jacket. I mutter a small 'thank you', feeling guilty that now he has to suffer the coldness of the night because of me. I look at him, grateful for the small gesture, and I see him shiver. Ugh my guiltiness. I slowly take the jacket off of my shoulders and place it back on his shoulders, "I don't need it, but thanks" I attempt a smile. An unreadable emotions flashes across his eyes, but whatever it was, it was sweet.

"No no, I'm the guy, I'm supposed to offer you my jacket," he tries to refuse.
I roll my eyes, "Aaron, you're not 'supposed' to do anything for me. It's okay." He shakes his head and puts back his jacket on me. "Just listen to me for once, would you?"
"Pfftt I always listen to you," I say.
"Yeah, make that a 'never'," he lightly chuckles.
At last, though, he wins. I was grateful no matter what.

He might be the most annoying, sarcastic, witty, devilish and cocky guy, but he has his sweet moments. I smile at that thought.
"Why are you smiling?" he interrupts my thoughts. "Oh now I need to tell you why I'm smiling?" I scoff playfully. He rolls his eyes, "just tell me."
"Fine," I say. "I was just thinking how you're the most annoying guy eveer, but you have your sweet moments, like this one for example," I say truthfully.
He seems to think about that for a while, "Hmm, how do I possibly make this moment sweeter?" I stare at him.

We walk in silence, a comfortable silence. Even though it took only 15-20 minutes to get there by car, it's taking us like 40 minutes to walk back. The night is cold and misty, something we don't get to see in our everyday lives because it's always hot where I live.
The night has such a romantic atmosphere, enough to make me wish I had a boyfriend. But I dismiss that thought almost as quickly as it came.

Suddenly, I'm stopped in the middle of the road. I look up to see Aaron looking at me.
"Is this the part where you kiss me?" I laugh lightly. He gives a faint smile.
He leans in closer and closer to me, but he doesn't stop at my lips, he goes past it and has his lips against my ears. "Do you want me to kiss you?" he whispers in a raspy and incredibly sexy voice. I freeze, not knowing what to do or how to react, I stay still. He leans back to his original position and starts laughing hysterically at my unknown but shocked expression. I stare at him with narrowed eyes, still a shocked expression.

He steadies himself up, and starts leaning in close again. A mere inch away till our lips can touch, just a mere inch.

And....