33

**Boni Helena's POV

If you found that one person who is really worth the sacrifices, pain, and hardships then your efforts will not go to waste.

"Ate Boni!" Reed shouted putting his arms around me. I laughed at him, "Grabe parang ang tagal na kitang hindi nakita!"

Reece cleared her throat taking me away from her brother.

"Damot." Pabulong na sabi ni Reed. I laughed lightly.

"It wasn't that long, Reed."

"But my sister here acts as if you're not coming back." He teased Reece. I stared at Reece's red face. Bakit iyon na lang lagi ang sinasabi ng mga tao? I feel bad that I caused that to Reece.

"I did not, so shut up will you?" Iritang sagot ni Reece.

"Oh this is yours." I held his pasalubong to him. His eyes went wide when he saw what's inside and hugged me again.

"Holy sh--- How did you know I've been wanting a Yeezy Boost?! Thank you!" He exclaimed in excitement. Napayakap nanaman ito sa akin. Reece finally gave in on his brother hugging me and watch us with amusement.

I squeeze her hand gently. "Let's just get inside." she said. Reece invited me to her parents' house to have dinner as per request by her mother.

"Thank you for having me, Tita Patty." She softly hugged me and smiled at me.

"You're always welcome here, Boni." Na-touch naman ako.

"I got this for you, Tita Patty." I took the rectangular paper wrapped inside my handbag and showed it to her.

"You shouldn't have bothered, Boni." Hindi nito inaakalaang may ibibigay ako sa kanya.

"I was walking across the street in Brooklyn and found this. I swore to myself that I got to have this for you." I insisted. She took it and opened fast.

"Wow! I've been wanting to cook italian dishes! Thank you, Boni" She gasped in joy when she opened the book. I got it signed by the author with Tita Patty's name. "How sweet of you, Boni."

"It was nothing, Tita." Reece looks at me lovingly and I know that she's itching to close the gap between us.

"I hope you don't mind a steak for dinner?" she raise a brow with a teasing look. My mouth waters in instant. I heard someone laugh  beside me. Naalala siguro nito ang paborito ko na pagkain.

"My figure wouldn't mind at all, Tita." She laughed and nodded her head. She gestured us to have a sit.

"Ate? Can we visit your unit?" Reed asked.

"Yeah sure, just text me."

"No funny business now that you're staying there alone. No men allowed." Tita Patty stated with a brow raised. Reece just rolled her eyes at them. I hid my laugh covering it with a cough.