❁ Chapter Eight ❁

Video: Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift

The Bad Girl Sleeps In My Bed ❁ Chapter Eight

It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like 'What about lunch?' ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

The end of the school year was approaching quickly. All of the seniors were out of school already, preparing for their final exams before the big graduation day. As much as I enjoy studying and being in school, I can't wait to go to college and study something that I'll actually use in life and not pointless equations that I won't ever use.

Earlier this week, the principal announced the date for prom and the end of the year trip. Apparently the trip will be a camping trip and we'll leave the state of California and go more towards Nevada. I'm not really the camping type but I know how much Cole and Victoria want to go and since I'm the cool one from our trio, they want me to come as well, otherwise they'll be bored.

I've already guessed that Cole wants to ask Hollie to prom. I'm positive every guy wants to do that, it just depends on who gets to ask her first and if she actually decides to go with the person or not. At some point even I considered going with Hollie but I know she wouldn't agree and I don't really want to make a fool out of myself so I'm not going to bother. I'm not a senior anyway so prom isn't that important. I can always go next year and then invite Hollie since she's a junior like me.

Speaking of Hollie, it has been three weeks since the dinner at my house. She was angry with me for a few days because of the shenanigan I pulled, but now she has forgotten all about it and she's staying over at mine again. I don't understand why she doesn't just make up with her parents. I haven't heard them interacting ever since the day Hollie's father slapped her. I still can't comprehend the fact that Mike would slap his own daughter. What kind of a father does that?

I know Hollie has troubles with her family and they don't get along that well but I still can't understand why she doesn't respect her parents and do what they ask her to do. I know she wants to act like a rebel and not take orders from anyone but that's going to bite her in the ass in the future. If I were to act like her I'm pretty sure my parents would disown me and kick me out of the house.

It was a Thursday night when I got a call from Hollie. By the tone of her voice and the way she slurred her words, it was clear that she was a little bit tipsy.

"Levi, hey babyboo, can we hang out for a while?" she asks.

"Um, sure I guess," I reply and she makes a little squealing noise.

"I'll be at your house in about 5 minutes, okay?"

"Sure, come over if you want to."

Just like Hollie promised, she was at my house in about five minutes. As always, my mother was super excited to see Hollie since she's like in love with that girl. They talked for a while about random things, my mom made dinner and Hollie decided it would be a fun idea to take Bentley for a walk since apparently she really like dogs, even though she doesn't have one.

So that's what we did.

Once I took Bentley's leash, he went all crazy and started running around the house. He's obsessed with going on walks, even though he never knows where we're going. I took my dog and the three of house exited the house.

Hollie quietly walks besides me as I hold onto Bentley while he sniffs everything. I tightened my jacket around my body since the air is getting kind of chilly.