Chapter 9

I was running. Running from something. Something I couldn't see right away. I shifted into my tiger form and then started rapidly shifting in almost every single animal that I've ever shifted into. The sound of something chasing me in the forest interrupted my shifting and I ended up in my hawk form. I soared high above the trees, circling the treetops from above. I eyed the now suspiciously quiet forest. Just then, I felt excruciating pain rip through my body. I screeched in pain and lost control of my flying abilities. I landed on the ground of the forest not so gently. I am pinned down by my pain and eventually it is mostly gone, so I am able to stand up but it is there as if in warning.

I shift back into my human form and stand up slowly. Suddenly, six figures surround me. Vampires, a coven that I know all too well. Aro stood in front of me, Jane and Demetri at his sides while Marcus, Caius, and Alec stand around me in warning. "What do you want?" I ask, my voice hoarse. Aro scoffs, "You know what we want." I cross my arms, "How did you know that I was still alive?" Marcus laughs coldly, "You didn't think we didn't know that you weren't going to be in that fire? We intentionally didn't kill you." I glanced from Marcus to Aro, "Is this true?" Aro inclines his head in a nod, "Yes. We decided to see what'd become of you and for some reason, we lost track of you. Tonight, we celebrate Demetri's accomplishment in finding the tenor of your mind. I want you to be expecting us soon. Very soon." With that, I feel pain erupt in my body. I scream in pain as I hear their footsteps fading...

Gasping for air, I shot up, pain still in my body. I groan and I feel it slowly fade away. They've found me and they're coming. I turn on my side to see a sleeping Leah and I bit my lip. No, nothing happened last night. I just wanted to stay with her. Anyways, I don't want to wake her. Quietly, I get out of the bed and walk over to the window. We haven't much time left. Everyone's safety is at stake and I'm the one to blame despite the fact that they offered to help. I can sense that they're closer. Sighing, I close my eyes and search for Edward's mind. I find it and quickly say They found me. That was all it took and I quickly pull out of his mind before turning around to see Leah had woken up.

"What's wrong?" she asks quietly. I look at her sadly, "They've found me." Leah sits up, more alert now and opens her arms for me. I contently wrap my arms around her neck and my legs around her waist. I snuggle up close to her, burying my face into the crook of her neck. Her arms wrap around me protectively and I go to kiss her cheek. Leah cheekily turns her head to capture my lips with hers. I smile into the kiss and we pull away. "We should get ready. The Cullens are coming," I whisper and she sighs before nodding. I kiss her once more before grabbing one of her hoodies and sweatpants. "You look good in my clothes," she says softly into my ear and I kiss her lips again. I smile at her and she gets dressed before following me outside.

"I've contacted the others," Leah says and I nod as she wraps an arm around me protectively. The cool night air made me shiver and thankfully, Leah pulled me into her to share her intense body heat. I lean against her as I inhale her scent along with the scents of the approaching Cullens and the rest of the pack. "Anna." I look up to see Esme, Carlisle, Edward, Jasper, Alice, Bella, Rosalie, and Nessie. I nod, "It's time. They're coming for me." Everyone is quiet as Jacob, Quil, Seth, Paul, Jared, Sam, and Embry. "Wait for us!" We looked up to see my friends Zack, Cleo, Skye, and Heath. "Are you sure?" I ask. Heath smiles, "Of course. We're family." Skye nods, "And that means we're in this together." Cleo places at hand on my shoulder, "So, we're here no matter what." I look at Zack, who gives me a reassuring smile. I look at the Cullens, who give me thumbs up, and then I look at the pack, who send me cheeky grins. I look up at Leah, who kisses my forehead, and then I sigh, "Let's do this." The pack lets out howls of approval and I grin before facing the forest. With a soft growl, I turn into my tiger form. My claws dug into the soft earth and I look over at the pack to see them appear behind trees in wolf form. I glance at Zack in his lion form, Skye as a panther, and Heath as a leopard. The Cullens and Cleo nod at me and we take off into the forest.