Chapter 6

When we pull away, I blush as she smiled at me before nodding at the forest, "Ready?" I grin, not saying anything as I speed off towards the forest, with Leah following behind me. Once I hit the tree line, I shifted into my gold wolf and stopped running so Leah could catch up. My wolf was pretty impressive. Golden fur with white paws and underbelly and black ear tips and tail tip. At the sound of pawsteps, I glance over to see Leah as her beautiful silvery wolf. She was slightly bigger than me, but overall, we were pretty close. Lets run! I link enthusiastically, barking happily before whirling around and running into the forest with Leah running beside me.

Suddenly, overwhelmingly familiar scents catch my attention and I skid to a stop. Looking around me curiously, I take a deep breath in and began to follow the scent. Leah also stopped, but looked more alert. We follow the scent to a large clearing to find three figures. Two seemed more human than the other. One girl smelled of vampire. The other two, another girl and a boy scented of shifter. Hesitantly, I shift back and stand up much to Leah's protest. Hush. I'm going to see what they want, okay? Leah sighs, nodding reluctantly. I smile before kissing her nose. I walk into the clearing and the girl with light brown hair whirls around along with the other two. The girl with dark brown hair growls and shifts into a black panther with a white underbelly, a white stripe that ran from her forehead to the tip of her nose, and white paws. The guy also growls, shifting into a leopard, his golden brown fur covered in dark brown spots, white and black tail and ear tips, and white paws.

I growl back at them, not shifting, but stating my dominance over them. Just as the two cats were about to charge at me, they felt the waves of my dominance over them and they immediately bow their heads in submission. "Shift back!" I growl and they obey, also fully clothed. I walk closer to the three of them. Just then, their facial expressions soften. "Anna?" asks a quiet, yet all too familiar voice. My head snaps up to meet the brown eyes of one of my best friends, Cleo. I look at the guy and the other girl. I gasp, "Heath? Skye? Cleo?" They nod and I feel tears of disbelief as I hug each of them. "I missed you all so much!" I whisper. I go to hug Cleo and I look into her eyes to see regret and a broken girl. Knowing that look all too well myself, I pull her into me, hugging her tightly. "You'll get better, I promise," I whisper low enough so only she could hear. "H-how do you know?" she asks softly. I sigh, "I've been there before." We pull away and she looks at me, shocked.

"Skye, guys, I'm back from scoping the area." I look over to see another familiar guy walking over. Wait. It couldn't be. "Zack?" I ask. The guy looks at me, his bright blue eyes widening. "Anna?" he asks, smiling. I hug him and he returns the affection before pulling away. "You guys know each other?" Skye asks and I see jealousy sink into her eyes. Ah. Now I see, she is his mate. "We met on the streets When I was living on them back in Miami. He's saved me a couple times from...not so nice people and I couldn't be more grateful," I answer, memories filling my mind, but I quickly flashed out of it. Zack nods, "Yeah, I helped her recover. After that, we helped each other survive. Anna, Skye and I are together. We're mates." I smile, "I know." Skye looks confused, "But, we just told you." I laugh, "I also saw your jealousy." Skye blushes and Zack kisses her cheek, making her blush even more. I grin, "Well, I've found my mate as well." Cleo grabs my shoulders, "I need to meet this bitch." I laugh, "Well she's actually with me right now. Leah?" I turn back to the trees and Leah walks out, fully shifted back and clothed. She jogs over to my side, wrapping an arm protectively around my waist.

"Wow, Anna, you pick up nicely," Cleo comments. I smile, "Shut up. That's the sassy Cleo I missed." She laughs before turning to Leah, "I'm Cleo, it's a pleasure to meet you. Anna and I have been friends since we were six." Heath bounces over, grinning, "I'm Heath and this is my twin sister, Skye, and her mate, Zack. Skye and I have known Anna for longer than we can remember." Leah glances at me and I smile at her reassuringly. Leah grins, "It's nice to meet all of you, but might I ask what brought you all to La Push?" Cleo sighs, "Well, I left Miami when Anna and I were 13. You see, I'm a hybrid vampire and my father left me when I was born to join the Volturi. I have the power of tracking and knowing where things are. I left Miami without a trace and I didn't tell Anna that I was leaving, but I was scared that she hated me for that. I came to Forks in hopes to find my blood singer, but so far, no luck."

I smiled sympathetically to her and Skye sighs, "My parents were murdered along with Anna's and so Heath and I decided to go into hiding. We met Zack later on and he suggested we go to La Push if we wanted to be able to run free in the forests, so we followed his lead. We ran into Cleo and stayed with her." Leah nods, "Well, you should come meet my pack then. My Alpha should tell you everything you need to know that's been happening." I nodded and they agreed before following us out of the clearing.

--------------------

I apologize that I haven't updated, but I'm going to try and update more frequently with this story and my others. I'll possibly even post some of my other stories that I've been working on, but I'm not sure yet.

I apologize that this chapter is really short, but perhaps you can forgive me.

Thank you for all of your support, guys!

-Anna