Chapter 10

The cell room I was put in had a broken mattress and nothing else. There was no window so I couldn't guess what time it was nor if a day has passed. The walls were cement, nothing special. And the door blocked off any escape. I sighed and rather than get onto the mattress, I laid in the corner, curling up into a ball. Unlocking the mindset of my inner dragon, I felt waves of warmth on my body, a blanket of heat to block off the cold. I felt lost and alone. The Cullens, the pack, and my old friends aren't here with me. Without my family, I have never felt more alone. My heart panged sadly for the separation. Leah I whimpered in my head, hoping to be heard by my mate. Nothing happens for a moment and then I sighed, depressed. The cell is keeping me from communicating with her.

The door opens and I don't even bother to look up, already knowing who it was. "Aro wants to see you now," she says cooly. I stand up, keeping my head down as I felt all the animals inside of me mourn. As one, we felt hopeless. As one, we were depressed. I halfheartedly limp as Jane guides me away from the dungeon of sorts. We walk for a long time before walking into a throne room. I see Aro standing on the mini stage and I wanted nothing more than to get out of here. He smirks, "Anastasia. How are you, my dear? Comfortable?" I keep my face expressionless as his crimson red eyes meet mine. I just stare at him blankly and he studies me. "Nothing to say?" he asks and I just stand there quietly. "What's wrong, love?" Aro asks, almost kindly. But, I knew better. His eyes are taunting me and I bite my tongue to keep from speaking harshly.

"Take her to her room. I have nothing to say to her," Aro commands and Jane tightly grips my upper arm before leading me away. Jane shoves me back into my cell and I fall to the ground at the force. I don't dare turn to glare at her as she leaves, locking the door securely. Being in this cell felt draining to me. I curl up in the corner of the cell, ignoring the mattress that had springs poping out and shredded fabric. I was hopeless and I didn't even try to find a way out. I just was losing hope. Even if I did escape, the Volturi will always find me. Sighing, I pulled my knees closer to my chest. Don't worry, little one. The soft whispered tone of an ancient sounding voice entered my head, making me jump. I searched my mind, trying to figure out who it was. W-who are you? A gentle laugh filled my head. I'm you. I'm your dragon. My name is Xerona. I felt myself calm down a bit, feeling confused.

None of my other forms have ever spoken to me before. I hear her sigh. I'm your strongest form and our connection is nothing like your other forms. Anyway, we need to get out of here. We need to return to our mate. I half heartedly shrugged. What should I do? Xerona is silent for a moment. What about shifting into something small? Like a mouse. There are bound to be holes small enough to leave in a place like this. I take her advice into consideration and shifted into a mouse, my viewpoint changing as I shrunk onto all fours. The walls grew taller as I got smaller, the darkness lighting up a bit as I became a mouse. 

I walk around the corners before I come to the farthest wall where a small hole was

I walk around the corners before I come to the farthest wall where a small hole was. It was just big enough to squeeze myself through. I crawl into the hole, following the small tunnel just then, I got a whiff of something absolutely terrible, but I couldn't place it. It was very overwhelming and I had to shake my head before continuing, the smell getting stronger. As I was walking, I felt the ground start to curve down. What is going on? I heard the sound of water and I stopped, confused. Just then, I slipped on the cement, sliding down. The ground fell out from under me and I was falling.

Squeaking in surprise, I kept falling before hitting some kind of liquid. Struggling to keep to the surface, I hear Xerona telling me to change into something that swims. Automatically, I change into an alligator.

My eyes adjusted to the liquid and I could see

My eyes adjusted to the liquid and I could see. I notice how dirty it is and hide my disgust as I swim for a shore of some sort. I pull myself out of the murk to see that I am in a sewer. Ew. Sighing, I start walking away in my alligator form and read the Italian signs as I passed each manhole covering. Maybe I could find a secluded manhole so I could get out before changing into a bird form. I strained my hearing at each manhole to listen for humans. Eventually, I came to one super quiet. I shift into my human form and climb up the small ladder. When I remove the cover, I look around to see that I'm in an alleyway. As I climb out and put the cover back, I let out a sigh in relief before looking around. Just as I was about to shift again, a wave of pain hits me and I'm on the ground, grunting and groaning in pain. They the pain suddenly left and I'm whimpering, not daring to look up because I know that they found me.

------------------------

Aro decided to put me in a stronger cell. Whatever it was made of was more draining than the first cell and there were no rocks or crevices for me to try and escape from it. I lay on the ground, my heart aching for Leah. Just then, the locked door opened and I await for some kind of insult, but instead I hear a gasp. I look up and I'm surprised to see my old friend, Raquelle. She looks at me in shock. We stare at each other before she runs to me, hugging me close to her. I hear sniffles coming from her and I wrap my arms around her, clinging to her. It felt amazing to finally see a loving face. "Anna?" she asks in her familiar soft voice. I smiled through my tears, "Yes, Raquelle?" She sighs happily, "I missed you." I nodded in agreement before pulling away from our hug. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

She sighs, "Remember when she died and how I 'disappeared'?" I nodded, frowning. "Well, I didn't just leave. Aro took me. He found out that I could make pregnancies. He told me that you were dead and that he's taking me in. He said that I had to get his wife pregnant. His wife had a baby girl. Her name's Maya and she's been my friend here for as long as I can remember. That girl absolutely despises Aro and she's seen so much horror." I frowned, "No one should have to go through so much so young." Raquelle nods, "She'd do anything to get out of here." I look at my best friend who I'd missed so much. "Next time you bring me my meal, bring Maya. I wish to meet her," I tell Raquelle. She nods at my request before standing up, "I have to go." Just as she was about to leave, she turns and faces me, "I forgot to mention. Guess who else is a prisoner." I give Raquelle a questioning look and she sighs, "Jenna, your cousin."

-----------------

Hey guys, thank you for sticking with me. I decided to leave you guys with something before I go away. I won't have access to a computer or my phone so -_-

I also wanted to say thank you for everyone participating in my character contest. I've put in all of them and I've decided to close it because everyone's choosing the same imprints/mates and also I've got more than enough. So if your character doesn't have the mate you requested, I apologize because I can't put someone having more than one mate.

So there you have it! Another chapter

-Anna