Chapter 5: Lessons

Chapter 5

HARRY'S POV

How come the exchange students have got a separate room? How did everyone know that they would be in Gryffindor? In fact the sorting hat was very strange when it was sorting them it was only put on 2 of their heads before it decided that they all were in Gryffindor. What had they not told us and what had happened in their lives? Anyway, we all went to our dormitories when we got to the common room to get enough rest for our first day of lessons tomorrow.

Time skip to the next morning

"Come on Ron! You need to get up if you want breakfast." I groaned whilst shaking Ron.
"Ugh, I'm up! Ready for food." He exclaimed, we set off down to the great hall to have breakfast before lessons started. Of course Hermione and Ginny would already be down there eating their food. We walked into the great hall and looked around for them, they were by the exchange student who all looked really tired as if they'd had no sleep, especially Percy and Annabeth. Oh well they p on ably just stayed up late. We sat down and collected some food. "Hey" I greeted them, they all replied with "hi"s and "hey"s. Percy was too busy complaining about blue food? I don't know, anyway, Professor McGonagal came over with our time tables, which were of course all the same because we were all in Gryffindor. "So guys," Percy said "Do we all have the same lessons?" Annabeth nodded to him and launched into some lecture about how he should have read some book? Hermione finally interrupted them saying, "Guys, we probably need to go now if we don't want to be late for our first lesson, we can show you the way if you want." So we all got up and headed to Potions which we had a new teacher for, in fact we had a new teacher for most of our subjects.
We all walked into potions and all of the exchanges yelled "Chiron!" Waited for a few seconds then muttered "Um, I mean Mr Brunner." Then ran up to him and hugged him, Leo then asked him, "What are you doing here?" He just said, "Well they needed more teachers and I thought you would need someone to keep an eye on you other than Annabeth!" They then all started laughing "I also brought with me Will and Calypso" Leo started jumping up and down and jumped on girl who had just appeared squealing her name repeatedly and Nico secretly grabbed a blonde boy's hand. "Sit down children" he told us. So we all sat down, "Today we will be making a different potion that isn't in your books, I will write the instructions on the board." He then wrote the instructions in English and another language. "Hey, old man what's the other language from?" Draco said. He just replied, "The exchange students" as if it was obvious.
We all then started making the potion and it was really hard to make, I looked over to see how the exchange student were doing and all of them were almost done, Annabeth then called over Mr Brunner and told him she was done, he looked at it and said "Perfect, not that I would expect anything less from you" and winked. Hermione huffed from beside me and I saw her frowning at her smoking cauldron. Just then Shamus' cauldron exploded with a loud boom and all,the exchange students jumped and reached for their pockets suddenly alert contrasting to the relaxed conversation they were previously having. Other than that our first lesson was pretty uneventful, though Hermione was shooting the exchange students dirty looks which I thought was because they were faster than her at making the potion.
Our next lesson was History of magic with Professor Binns who of course hadn't stopped teaching after last year's war. We all went in and settled down to sleep, even Hermione. Binns started talking and everyone zoned out, I noticed the exchange students joking about like a big happy family, all the couples absent mindedly doing stuff. Percy was playing with Annabeth's hair and Annabeth was colouring in his nails with a biro; Jason was staring at Piper laughing at one of Leo's jokes and Piper was fiddling with his fingers; Frank was transfiguring himself into animals and Hazel was laughing at him; Clarise and Chris were arm wrestling (Chris was totally losing); Travis was writing to Katie on her note book and she was writing her notes on his hand which was quite funny; Nico was falling asleep on Will's shoulder and Leo was watching Calypso to make sure she was laughing at his jokes. When that lesson we went on with our day. Most of the lessons were uneventful Frank was really good at transfiguration, Piper was really good at charms. All of them were top of the class at everything so they were really amazing.