Chapter 10

See this is why I shouldn’t be allowed to get drunk around the people I love. I always end up hurting them more than before! I shouldn’t have tried to make her love me again when apparently she already did, I shouldn’t have said that to her. But the thing is, everyone knows I speak What’s on my mind when I’m drunk…

I went into my kitchen and made myself some coffee before heading back upstairs to get dressed. My head was banging but that didn’t stop me blasting the music channel. Most of the programmes were love songs. I finally got to the capital channel and ‘when I was your man’ was playing. I turned the TV off and threw the remote on the sofa. I grabbed my keys and a jacket to go on a walk. All I really wanted was to clear my head of anything useless and just think about what I was going to say to Alex. I kept walking until I caught sight of the country park. I walked in and went round every path. I walked to Laura’s house and Knocked on the door. It was her brother who answered the door.

“It’s not a good idea that you’re here” He said

“I just need to speak to Laura” I said before adding ‘please’.

“Look, Alex is here and she is pretty upset. The last thing that she wants is to know you’re near. Laura is trying to get her to stop crying and between me and you, if I have to hear her cry anymore I’m going to go crazy! She’s annoying me” Anthony said annoyed.

“Don’t talk about her like that” I defended her.

I saw Alex looking at me through the window. She looked me dead in the eye. My face softened as a tear fell. She got up and headed towards the door and came outside.

“Came here to insult me again?” She asked

“Alex, hear me out please” I begged

“I don’t have to. I’ve heard it all from Danny” She said as one of my best friends walked outside “It’s the stress of your job. It’s happened before. You all get so stressed you end up going through rough patches then every thing is fine. Part of your patch is that you get easily angry, I don’t mind about that bit. I forgive you. What I am upset at is the fact that you only tell what’s on your mind when you’re drunk. You said a lot of things last night Doug.”

I hung my head in shame. I knew she was right. I told her so many things but one of them was that I loved her…Apparently… Laura told Alex that I did so I believed it even though I remembered nothing and the only reminder of the slap was the swelling and bruise formed on my cheek. I touched it thinking about it, wincing from the pain.

“I’m so sorry, I thought those things yes, but it was all fake, I thought about saying it so much just to hurt you into loving me I genuinely believed it. I should never have done something so stupid. Forgive me?” I asked

“Laura, do you have any ice?” She asked as she came over to me and hugged me tight, I hugged her back. “Think yourself lucky that I can tell when you’re lying or telling the truth”

I laughed and we all went inside. Laura gave me the ice for my cheek whilst Alex and Danny had a pillow fight. Anthony had gone back to hibernate in his room. We stayed at Laura’s for an hour or so before all going back to mine to get ready for the party we were all invited to for Gi’s birthday. I pulled on a nice shirt and Danny did the same whilst the girls had to wear skirts or dresses. We met back up in the living room an hour later.

“Danny, I believe this is yours” I said giving him the money he paid me for the horse.

“Can I call him Dougie?” Alex asked like a little kid

“Of course you can” I said wrapping my arms round her from behind kissing her ear.

She ran off a few seconds later to my room with Laura. They came back a few minute later carrying 2 ties.

Life with McFlyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें