40

Kian Lawley-

The doctor came in five minutes later, asking for all of us to exit the room. I wanted to protest, but I knew I had to leave.

Brynn literally means everything to me, and she is now unresponsive. I had no idea what to do, even though there is absolutely nothing that I could do.

I don't know how I let this happen. Yeah, it was a freak accident, but I still feel like it was my fault.

I plopped into one of the waiting room seats, and placed my head in my hands. "You alright, man?" Gilinsky came up to me and sat down it the seat besides me.

"I don't even know, Jack." I took a deep breath, "I don't know what I'll do without her."

"Look, I completely understand." I looked up at Gilinsky, and he had tears in his eyes as well.

"Take a walk and go think. I'll call you if she wakes up." Gilinsky suggested, and I decided to take his advice.

I walked out of the hospital quietly and calmly, thinking of everything that has happened in the past six hours. It seemed to all go by so quickly.

I had asked her to be my girlfriend, I had the best day of my life, up until this point of course. Right when the day was coming to an end, something just had to happen to ruin it all.

Why did it have to be her? Why couldn't it of been me?

It all had seemed unreal, and I had reached the exit of the hospital. I started to walk down the sidewalk, when I came into realization that my car was at the wreckage scene.

I sighed loudly, and decided to walk to my destination instead of asking Jack for his Jeep keys.

The walk would be about three or four miles, but it was worth it. I needed time to clear my mind from everything.

I could honestly not process it all, it had only been a matter of ten seconds when the crash occurred. Could I have done something to protect her?

The possibilities of what I could have done are endless, and guilt starts to overcome my mind.

Jack Gilinsky-

The guys and I have been patiently waiting in the waiting room of the hospital, expecting to hear from the doctor.

"Man, I feel bad for Kian." Johnson spoke up, being the first one to speak in over thirty minutes.

"I think we all do. I mean, he has invested his whole life into Brynn since the first day he met her. I honestly think he loves her. He has never treated any girl as well as he does her, she's his princess." Jc spoke, making us all think.

How badly is Kian taking this? We are taking it hard and we aren't even dating the girl. I couldn't imagine how Kian must feel.

"I think I'm going to call him, to make sure he's okay." I reached for my phone in my back pocket, and made my way towards the opposite side of the waiting room.

I dial Kian's number, and it rang three times before he picked up. "Is she awake?"

"No, that's not why I called." I say calmly, "I called to check up on you, and see if you're alright."

"Yes, I'm fine Gilinsky." His voice cracked in the middle of his words, and you could tell he was crying.

"Kian, I know you're not fine."