14

Kian Lawley-

"Please explain the situation, did you have any contact with the father before you called 911?"

My thoughts scurried through my head before I answered her question out loud.

"I had knocked on the door, and I spoke to Mr.Harris asking to speak to Brynn, but he had said that she had no longer lived there. But I knew she had no where else to go, and anyways, school is so important to her, so she wouldn't of just left. So then when he slammed the door in my face, I contacted 911." I had explained about everything I knew.

"In a estimated time, how long do you think she was trapped in the house?"

"About two and a half weeks." Corinne and I had said simultaneously.

We look at eachother with a puzzled look, then drew our attention back to Mrs.Bentley.

She had a notepad and pen, and was jotting everything we were saying down.

"Ma'am, who are you in relation to Brynn Harris?" Mrs.Bentley said, questioning Corinne.

"I'm her bestfriend."

"How much do you know about Ms.Harris' past?"

Corinne took a big gulp, that even I could hear. She looks down at her hands, as she was playing with her fingers.

"Almost everything Ma'am." She had looked up once again, and she seemed a little upset.

"Does she have any family that she could live with?"

"No she does not. Her family either wants nothing to do with her, moved far away, or are dead." Corinne says, and you see by the look on her face it troubles her to talk about this.

"Ok. Well it's getting late. I need your cell phone numbers to keep in contact with you." She says, giving us a little form to fill out and a pen.

The form consists of-
Name:
Number:
Address:
Police investigator:

We both filled out the form, giving it back to her.

"Thank you. I will gain contact with you two again soon. Have a nice night." Mrs.Bentley said while leading us out of the police station. We both look back one more time at the woman who had just talked to us, and she gave us a light smile.

"Can you give me a ride to the hospital? I need to see Brynn." I asked.

"Sure. I was heading there anyways." She smiles.

"Hopefully she is doing okay. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself knowing I didn't find her soon enough." I say, and open the door to Corinne's car.

"Me either." She puts the key in the ignition and brings the car to life, and it purrs.

She quickly pulls out of the parking lot of the police station and we start making our way to the hospital.

The car ride was mostly silent, except for the light sound of music in the background, which was 'How to save a life' by The Fray.

At this moment I remembered I had to talk to Tilly about what Is going on.

I pull my phone out of my back pocket and dial her number.

"Hey big bro" She chirps through the phone.

"I don't want to hear it. I need you to meet me at my house tomorrow."

"Why? Not that I don't miss you, just why?"

"We need to talk... about things." I say and hang up.

"What was that about?" Corinne says, and glances at me, but then puts her eyes back on the road.

"My sister is the one that got Brynn into that situation." I say, but I look out the side window instead of looking forward.

"What do you mean?" Her curiosity filling the car.

"She called Brynn's dad and told him that she slept with the whole football team, which got her into this mess." I sigh in disappointment.

"Who's your sister?"

"Tilly."

"Woah..." She sounded so surprised.

"Yeah. I know about the bullying too, that's why I need to talk to her." I sigh once again, disapproving of what my sister has been doing to this poor girl.

We reach the hospital in twenty minutes, and I rush inside.