Surprise

"I'm so so sorry, baby. I really wish I could've been there but I'm stuck at the video shoot for another 5 damn hours." Nate said through the phone.

Suddenly my entire 'yay I'm graduating from hell!' mood was gone. I mean, it's his job, and I can't blame him of course, but if Nate was at the graduation everything would've been perfect. "(Y/N)?" He called me out of my mind.

"Hmm, oh sorry. No, it's okay. I'm just really proud at you." I really was. But still, it kinda sucked when the boy you loved the most couldn't attend something that meant a lot to you.

He chuckled. "Thanks babe. I'm really really sorry. But I gotta go. See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Have fun on set." I tried to make my voice a little happier.

"Will do. I'm so proud at you, my baby's graduating!" I chuckled and smiled a little.

"Thank you. Bye Nate." He mumbled a bye before I hung up.

"We did it!" My best friend, Chloe, yelled at me as I approached her. My parents already congratulated me like a 100 times within the past 10 minutes and they finally took some time to talk to others.

I just graduated high fucking school! It felt amazing saying it. It felt amazing not having to wake up every morning at 6 to see stupid people. "Let's go to the party." Chlo suggested.

We got into her car and drove to some kind of place that the school had arranged the after-party at. I wasn't a big drinker, so I was sure that we could come home safely. "Hey, where's Nate? I didn't see him." She asked after a while.

My mind had been drifting off him for the past couple of hours. I was still upset, but I didn't let it ruin my entire day. "He's still shooting and stuff. He couldn't make it." I sadly smiled.

"Aw, I'm sure he's really damn proud at you, girl!" She patted my shoulder and laughed.

As we entered the building, I was surrounded all kinds of good vibes. The music was amazing, the people seemed happy and I was with my best friend, celebrating this special moment. "Let's find the others!" Chloe yelled over the music. We went to look for our usual people we hung out with. Later we found them dancing and being all ridiculous.

I wanted this night to be nothing but amazing. And I was pretty sure that it would be. "I'm going to get a drink. You want?" I asked Chloe. She shook her head and I walked over to the bar.

"Can I get you something to drink, baby girl?" I heard a voice next to me say. I scowled and turned to face the per- Nate!

I widened my eyes and attacked him with hugs. He rubbed me back and whispered a 'surprise'. "You made it!" I squealed as I pulled back.

"I wanted to surprise you." He smiled. I leaned in and kissed him. "Congrats, baby!"

"Thank you. You're the best." I said while intertwining our hands.

"I know, babe." I playfully slapped him continued by dragging him with me to my friends. This day just got perfect.