Rebound

"Don't be such a fucking clingy bitch!" Nate yelled in my face.

We had been going on like this for, I don't know, like an hour? It felt like a fucking eternity. "Why the fuck are you with me if I'm such a 'clingy bitch'?" I quoted his words.

"I ask that myself all the fucking time!"

"Then today's probably the perfect day to leave me, isn't it?!" I got pulled back from what I just said. No...

He hesitated for a while. I could feel the tension between. "I don't have time for a bitch like you." He said while raising his hands in defeat.

He passed me and walked towards the door. Closing it with a loud bang.

— 2 weeks later

(Nate's POV)

"Oh my God, those horrible voices!" Malia laughed as we watched Pitch Perfect.

I fucking hated this movie. But Malia wanted to watch it again, so why not?

We had been together for a couple of days now. I needed to move on after the break-up. Call me a dick, but I feel a lot better now. "Those auditions were terrible!" Malia still laughed. I weakly laughed and continued watching it.

The 'terrible audition' scene made me think of (Y/N). She always used to sing and dance in the living room. She couldn't sing nor dance.

Wait. Why the hell am I thinking about her? "Nate?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you want to watch an other movie?"

"Oh, no. It's okay! It's just that (Y/N) and I used to..." What the hell did I just say. "Nothing. Sorry, babe." I said while kissing her cheek.

It felt awkward now. The entire time, it felt awkward. "It's okay..." She softly murmured. "I guess you and your ex watched other films then?" Malia tried to chuckle.

"Yeah... But it doesn't matter. We can watch Pitch Perfect."

"You know what, let's just get something to eat. It's lunchtime. Maybe we can go to Panera?" She suggested.

I nodded and we left to get lunch. Thank God she ended the movie it was fucking terrible.

Once we arrived at Panera we sat down and ordered a drink. "Can I have a coke and latte macchiato for the lady." I told the waiter. Until I realized that was what (Y/N) use to order. Shit. "Kidding. Uh, mint tea for the lady. No, no. Actually just a coke, uh-"

"Can I just have a coffee?" Malia interrupted. The waiter gave us weird looks and left.

Suddenly my mind drifted off to (Y/N) again. We always came here. Morning, lunch, dinner. Anytime, any day. "I-I'm sorry. I just didn't sleep well."

"It's okay, babe." She smiled at me. I could tell that she actually thought 'bitch what'.

Moments later the waiter came back with our drinks and we also ordered. I let Malia order herself or I would embarrass myself again.

I kept thinking about (Y/N). About how she would laugh her ass off about people who were outside. About how she used to break her sandwich instead of just eating it. I remembered every single thing about her.

The conversations between Malia and me were awkward. We barely talked and when we did, it was usually about how good the food was.

I also got to think about 'us' for a while. Somewhere I knew we weren't meant to be together. I realized Malia was nothing but a rebound.

I needed to break up with her.

Once we were done with our lunch we walked back to my apartment. "You still like her? Don't you?" She asked out of a sudden.

I bit my lip and harshly swallowed. "Yeah... I'm sorry."

"It's okay. You were just confused." She said. She was definitely right. "I'd say, go to the girl. It has been fun, Nate." She smiled while walking the other way.

I felt like such a dick, but also really good right now.

"Nate?" Her puffy and red eyes widened as she saw me standing in the doorway. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry, this is such a dick move. But I-I need you."

She raised her brows. "Listen, the girl you most likely saw, was nothing but a rebound. I really tried to get over you, with her, but I couldn't. I just fucking couldn't."

(Y/N) refused to look at me. She looked down at our feet.

I gently tilted her head for her to look at me. "I'm sorry." I told her.

Before I knew it I had my dream girl back in my arms. "I'm so so sorry, baby. I-I thought I could live without you."

"Just stop talking." She slightly chuckled.

She laid her head on my chest. I kissed her forehead and appreciated this moment.