A Little Too Much

"You don't fucking get it!" He screamed in my face.

Not one of these again... Nate and I have been fighting for over an hour now. But it seemed like an eternity to me. "What the hell is there to understand, Nate? I have a life besides you!" I yelled back, trying to hold in the tears. I hated when people yelled at me. Especially when people I genuinely love yelled at me.

"You're saying I don't?!" He raised his brows.

"No, I'm not-"

"Then why the hell did you say that?!" I gave up. This was tiring me and I had enough of screaming and yelling at hm. "You seriously think I'm 'obsessed' with you? Let me tell you, the reason I'm angry is because I can't even fucking remember the last time we spend actual quality time together! And what did we even do?! I think we had some kind of lunch and then you fucking bailed on me again! You really think I enjoy that?! Don't you have any feelings?" I bit the inside of my mouth and stared at the ground. "You're so fucking pathetic. If you don't want to be with me, all you have to do is just fucking say it. I don't get why I got with you in the first place." I lost my shit at that. But I stopped myself from yelling at him.

Instead I just ignored it and stared at the ground again. I harshly swallowed my tears. There was an awkward silence. I heard Nate's heavy breathing and that was the only thing I really heard. "W-Why aren't you yelling at me?" It was rather a demand for me to yell at him than a question. "(Y/N)." I said nothing and continued to focus on the ground again. I heard shuffling and saw Nate standing across me. This time a lot closer.

I couldn't do this anymore. Slowly but surely I blinked the tears out of my eyes.

"You're so fucking pathetic." "I don't get why I got with you in the first place."

"(Y/N)?" Nate touched my cheek and wiped the tears away. "I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it. I just got caught in the moment." I harshly swallowed, refusing to look at Nate. "I swear. I-I'm just so fucking stressed and I shouldn't be attacking you with my frustration."

"You can also talk to me instead of yelling at me." I softly said. I felt so damn weak. I hated it.

"I know. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so fucking sorry, baby. But please don't cry. I hate seeing you like this." He gently pulled me into his chest. Oh, hello tears. God, this is why I don't want to get comforted. "I'm sorry, baby."

"Stop saying sorry. It's okay." I weakly smiled. He returned a smile. I couldn't stay mad at this cutie.