Lysandrian one-shot

Lysandra wrapped her arms around Aedions waist in a hug, startling him out of his trace and bringing him back to the real world.

"What are you thinking about?" She whispered into his ear, her warm breath sending ripples down his spine. He had been thinking about war tactics earlier, but then had thought of Lysandra, and hadn't been able to take his mind off her since.

"Nothing," he said, turning to face her. He slung his arms around her neck and kissed her nose. She giggled and moved round the chair he was perched on to sit on his lap.

"You've been up here all day," she complained. "No time for your wife?"

"I was planning war tactics to show Aelin and Rowan. I guess I just lost track of time."

"Really?" She said, straddling and leaning against him. "I think you were just hiding from me."

"And why would I be doing that?" He asked, placing another kiss on her cheek. She giggled again.

"Maybe because you forgot what day it was until Aelin reminded you," Lysandra said with a little grin playing on her lips and got to her feet. She wiped a hand across her eyes and only then did he realise she had been smiling to withhold the tears.

"You didn't even pretend you remembered!" She said, almost in tears, but holding them back surprisingly well. "Your cousin wished me a happy anniversary before you did!"

It was only partially true that he'd been hiding from her. He had thought that maybe he could pretend he had been busy all day, coax Aelin into putting in a word for him perhaps, and surprise her that evening. Looks like that wasn't going to work.

"Well," she said, wiping away another tear, "what do you have to say for yourself?"

He didn't have any words to describe how sorry he was, he didn't know how to. Until Lysandra he hadn't made many romantic attachments to woman and only indulged in brief, physical relationships. He wasn't prepared for this.

"I'm-" he began, bit before he had the chance to continue, the door to the room flew open and Fleetfoot plodded in with a little bow around her neck and a box between her teeth.

She stopped in front of Lysandra and pawed at her hand until she held it out to her. She dropped the box in her hand and sat down to wait.

Aedion stood still in confusion, watching Lysandra as she opened at and began to smile. She pulled out a little silver bracelet and wrapped it around her wrist, then slowly, she closed the box and flung herslef at Aedion.

"So you didn't forget?" She muttered, withheld tears streaming steadily down her face now. Aedion hugged her back, still quite confused, but guessing she thought the gift was from him.

---

Later he found Aelin reading in her chambers with Fleetfoot next to her, paws on her legs and looking at the book as well.

"I saved your skin this time," she said before he had even announced his presence. "Don't think I'll be doing it again any time soon, you owe me a favour."

"Why did you do it?" He asked.

"Lysandras my friend and your my cousin, besides, I'd hate to see such a beautiful marriage ruined when I could have saved it." Aelin said. "Did she not realise it was me?"

"If she did, she didn't let on," Aedion said, sitting down beside Fleetfoot and running a hand along her fur.

They sat in silence for a few seconds before Aelin said, "you should probably get back to her before you mess up again." Aedion took the advise and set out to find Lysandra.

---

Guys look at my awesome fanfic writing skills

I don't care how bad that was deal with it and embrace THE LYSANDRION FEELZZZZ!!!!!!

LIIIIIIIIIINEEEEEE __________________