Chapter 1

The air was crisp and well below freezing as it blew through the iron barred window. Alec sat huddled in the corner forcing himself to stay strong and not to break down into tears again, he wore his shadowhunter gear but had been stripped of all weapons and steles so his belt was useless but was a small help to keeping him warm. Sebastian didn't care much for him, found the nearest cell and threw him in. Literally.

Sebastian had promised him hospitality, food and water, but not in these conditions! When you're drunk you don't pay attention to details, that was the largest piece of guilt buried deep inside Alec's brain. Maybe if he weren't drunk on that one night he might not be in this mess.

It was late, Alec was angry and needed something to release it, so he went to the 'Bloody Hound', and there was Sebastian sitting in a corner talking to a couple shax demons.....

Alec sat down on the bar stool and ordered a large beer, his head was pounding with thoughts rushing here, there and everywhere. He noticed Sebastian a couple stools away tucked in the corner of the room, probably planning how to ruin the whole world but right now he didn't care. The beer arrived and he took a large swig of it. He was surprised no-one recognized Sebastian, the pub was glamoured itself; perhaps it was the way he was disguised. He had dyed his hair a bright orange, he wore green contacts and he dressed formally, something he never did; knowing him for some time it was completely normal to recognize Sebastian by now, especially since they were on the look out for him.

Alec went to take another drink but found his glass empty, he called for another and continued to watch Sebastian, he kept looking away from the demons to smirk at Alec like the devil he was. He'd never learnt much demonology when Hodge tutored him and his knowledge slowly faded as the alcohol leaked into his system, but some words he could recognize from the strange tounge the demons spoke. "World" "Destroy" and "Who".

After about five large beers Alec was officially drunk and never left sight of Sebastian ever after the demons had left. Sebastian came and sat next to Alec who swayed slightly from side to side. "Hello there Lightwood. Here to come rat me out?"

"You're a bad guy Sebastian...." he hiccuped, "I like that."

"Someone's drunk," he muttered quietly so Alec couldn't hear, "come with me Alec."

"Where? I don't...." he hesitated thinking, "wait yeah I do! I hate the institute, I hate the people there. They can all go die in downworld!" he exclaimed getting some weird looks from the downworlders.

"Sorry fellas, he's drunk!" Sebastian faked a smile and laughed, "away. Help me in my quest, we can let your friends die in the hands of the faeries."

"They do deserve that but everyone?"

"Okay, not everyone. We can start small with the people you hate! You love power Alec, deep inside you want power. You're always known as the weak one, soft hearted, Jace is a more powerful fighter and with Magnus you were never on top."

"Yeah! You're right! That... that's not fair!"

"So will you come with me Alec? Will you help in my duty?"

"Yeah! Lets go right now!"

"No, first sign this, and please make the writing legible. I know it's hard when you're drunk."

"Hey I'm no drunk!" he burped loudly, "okay maybe a bit!"

He signed the paper and even in his drunk state he could see the outline of the word 'Lightwood' written on the paper. Sebastian gave an evil chuckle and twisted the ring around his finger enveloping them both in darkness.