Chapter 2

Crack. Alec flinched away jolting away resulting with hitting the wall hard. "You stupid man." Sebastian spat at him, "you act like a child playing a foolish game. You realise I have the power to kill you right now." Alec said nothing, just glared at him, "but, I won't; you are of great use to me you see, therefore kiling you now would be too early. Shame. You're really getting on my nerves and you screaming all night isn't helping."

"Get on with it." Alec whispered, "or are you going to do what they do in films? Plan to hurt someone but then give them a lecture of the current situation giving them the chance to-" Alec leaped onto Sebastian, "fight back!"

Sebastian yelled in surprise as Alec punched his face. Sebastian ran at the wall slamming Alec into it, emptying his lungs of air. He ignored it though, taking the chance to snatch the whip and lash out at Sebastian; he dodged the first whip lash and kicked out at Alec. Slash! Sebastian cried out as he struck his face, he growled and grabbed Alec by the neck cutting off his wind pipe, "Now there Alec,"  he said a little too calmly, "you know not to hurt me. I have the upper hand and I always will. Now give me the whip, and take your shirt off to make things easier okay?"

Alec shook his head vigorously, refusing to back down now, he tried knocking out his knees but Sebastian was tougher than when they last fought. He began feeling lightheaded from Sebastian's tight grip on his throat, deciding the fight for now was over, he nodded. Sebastian grinned and let go. Alec handed him the whip and took large gasps of air trying not to faint. He removed his shirt and Sebastian snatched it from his hand, and tutted. "Cold Lightwood?" he asked tilting his head sideways, "too bad." he puckered his lower lip and gave him puppy eyes in a mocking way.

Alec sighed and turned away and put his hands against the wall. "Just do it or I'll whip your face again." he hissed forcing his voice not to break.

He was meant to be one of the strongest shadowhunters in the family, but in all honesty, he was terrified, constantly. Every fight he feared his life that he may not return home, or would fall unconscious then die in his sleep; even more so when he was with Magnus, leaving one day then he recieves a letter from the Clave or perhaps a call from Issy saying he's dead. Now with Sebastian, his fears were over the roof, he couldn't calm down and he probably never would. "Feel free to cry, I can see your weakness within." Sebastian whispered in his ear before bringing the whip down, ripping through the flesh on Alec's back. But he didn't dare cry out in pain, he had to stay strong.

He thought of Izzy, Jace, his mum, and Magnus. He had no idea whether the warlock still loved him after the mistake he had made with Camille who was now dead thanks to Maureen, but Alec was certain, he still loved Magnus and that wouldn't change. He loved Magnus and his hope on his family, Clary and the love of his life would keep him going. All he thought of was Magnus and he heard and felt the crack of the whip across his back, ripping away the flesh.

~*~

Magnus didn't sleep at all that night. He didn't leave because he was tired and needed to sleep on the matter, he simply wanted to escape the depressing atmosphere and cry in peace along with the Chairman who sat on his lap wailing at the top of his little cat lungs. His eye liner was smudged, his glitter was in clumbs, his nails were stubs and pointed like little fangs at the corners and his tears shined under the glow of dawn. He was a wreck. Alec had only been on his mind since he had walked away from him into the night, he had thought of nothing else; he had not cried nor thrown things in anger, he simply stared at his fire and ate take aways, feeding the Chairman when he noticed the cat actually needed feeding to stay alive like he did.

But now, he knew he couldn't get back with Alec, he had to try his hardest to get him back safe and sound and with him again. He had gone against Sebastian once before aiding the shadowhunters but this was personal, Alec was his and only his. Alec may not know but Magnus, the free wheeling bisexual, High Warlock of Brooklyn, does not lie to someone he loves. He may have walked off on Alec, he just needed some time to think; after all, Alec was everything to him. He was not trivial. Far from it.