Malec Bonus Chapter!!!

"I can walk! Just let me go already. I've spent eight weeks down he-AGH!" Alec doubled over, clutching his chest.

"Alec!"Isabelle ran her fingers over his chest, "you broke your rib. Again. Stop it, okay? Big breaths are not going to help your still injured lung."

"But that means no fighting. What do I do all day?"

"Whatever you like, without hurting yourself around the apartment." Magnus grinned at him from across the room.

Alec gulped. "W-why am I staying with you?"

"You'll find out. C'mon." He held out a hand.

Alec stood with his crutch and hobbled over before taking Magnus' hand, not squeezing since he was worried that Magnus wouldn't like it. That he was holding hands just to help his balance, not out of love and kindness. Magnus bit his lip, hesitating to what to do, not knowing if Alec still felt the same after all these years. Especially since Luc never happened according to his mind.

It was cold outside and Alec started shivering like an excited chihuahua and Magnus immediately took off his coat and half forced Alec into it, the sleeves being far too long but the insulation and warmth from Magnus made Alec smile. He breathed in the scent he had missed the past seven years, letting his body shiver in happiness. But what on earth had Magnus planned?

They teleported home since Alec refused to stop shivering and his crutch made him slow and hard to walk with. "You don't have to push yourself anymore." Magnus said once inside, taking the coat back off Alec and hanging it up, "not for the rest of your life."

"I'm a shadowhunter, pushing myself is all I've ever known. Relaxing is nice, but not when there's no one with you..." He trailed off.

"Well, there is now. Sure you still fight, but don't you ever think of quitting that? Not having to risk your life almost everyday?"

"I guess... On occasion but I was born into the shadowhunter life and no one will take me away from it." He sighed and followed Magnus to the living room, hesitating whether to sit or not.

"Sit, silly." He snapped his fingers and a warm fire lit in the fireplace, "c'mere." He sat down and patted the space next to him.

"Why did you make me come here anyway? It just brings back memories..." Alec pulled his leg up and hugged it with one arm.

"Are you that blind, Alexander?" Magnus looked at him in almost disbelief.

"What? Is the wall a new colour?" Alec looked around, "new furniture? New-" but he was cut off with a sudden swift kiss from Magnus.

That was the final straw. Alec launched himself onto Magnus and kissed him with all his might. He tasted like mint and smelt of the once forgotten scent of sandalwood, his lips warm and soft just as he remembered them. Magnus was kissing back, matching the intensity, heating up Alec's body after almost freezing outside.

He moved his arms to round Alec's waist and carefully pulled him close, not wanting to open healing wounds. Alec wrapped his good arm round Magnus' neck tightly and tugged him lower down to deepen their kiss. Neither of them wished to take it further at that moment, they just wished to savour the moment of being in each other's embrace, having not been for some months. But to Alec, it was a good seven years that he could remember being alone with no one to comfort him when he had night terrors, or returned home after missing for days at a time. His parents would ignore him, Jace would simply pat his shoulder and Izzy just complained. He had been completely alone.

Magnus had numerous people and work for distractions, but that didn't stop many near death experiences that clearly put Alec into worse depression than before, but Magnus never knew that until he explained everything after Luc's death. The happiest accident.