Chapter 9- final

(Quick note: took longer than said because of Christmas chores and meeting friends/family!

P.S warning: feels)

16 days earlier

"Alec!" Izzy cried in happiness, "Alec you're alive!"

"Perhaps not for long. He needs instant medical care, your iratzes will not work on any of his injuries. Portal, now."

"R-right." She fumbled for the stele in her pocket and began drawing on the ground, "where are we going? We should just go back to the city!"

"There's no time, they'll be busy with others and if Alec is to be saved, Magnus and... Whoever the blonde one is, they'll need multiple people or one very powerful warlock. Moi."

"Who are you, anyway?" She stood up and pulled Clary out the way. She had collapsed not long after the warlock have gone inside for Alec.

"My name is Lupin, the High warlock of well... Everything. The eldest in existence." Isabelle nodded, "Magnus and I are close friends. I wouldn't be here if he weren't so stubborn." A grin grew on his face.

Isabelle grabbed Jace's left arm and Clary's right, clearly struggling to lift them both. With the help of magic, she managed to balance them equally on her shoulders. "The institute? Surely the two of us isn't enough?"

"I know everything. Literally. If you give me what I ask while tending to your ginger friend as I work on Alec, things will go smoothly."

"Her name's Clary, and 'the blonde one' is Jace." Lupin ignored her and replaced Alec onto his left shoulder, Magnus on the right, "and what about Magnus also? Doesn't he and Jace need attention?"

"Jace can wait, Magnus simply needs rest."

"Okay, then let's go. I'll go first so you know where to go." She stepped through the portal and landed safely inside the institute infirmary, Lupin arriving just after.

Quickly, Isabelle placed Jace onto a bed in an awkward position but it was the best she could do. She placed Clary on the one adjacent to his then ran to the cabinet they kept emergency supplies in. "What do you need?"

Lupin didn't answer. He had layed Alec onto the bed but slightly off, levitating in the air. "Get everything you have drip related, frog eye, dead leaves, cup of schlakë and everything under the category hæklû. And hurry!"

Isabelle dropped everything she was holding onto the counter and ran out the room at top speed, dashing down the stairs, leaping over the cat, smack into the basement door, open the door and straight to the hard and bottles of strange medical things-as she called it- to find these things shed never heard of in her life. "Where the hell is hæklü..." Thankfully, Maryse kept everything in alphabetical order, a slight OCD of hers which Isabelle had too when it came to arranging weapons in certain categories.

"Haar... Haasklè... Hæb... Hæklû!" The shelf was almost empty. "Oh come on!" She reached her hand right to the very back of the shelf and pulled out three jars, all containing something different. "I hope this is enough."

Moving on, she searched for schlakë, which was easy to find and decided it would be easier to bring the entire jug. The drip things, they were rarely ever used, Isabelle had never seen them used except in mundane hospitals; so whatever was wrong with Alec, was dead serious. Quite literally. But she couldn't carry it all in her arms... Rummaging through the corners of the room she found a rusty Telco basket and decided it was better than taking two trips, though in the time she spent searching she probably could've gone there and back by now but all well, better late than never.

She took the jar of frogs' eyes on the way out and picked up random dead leaves off window sills. Thank Raziel it was the middle of October. She found the basket to weigh almost nothing in comparison to Jace and Clary who simply bled all over her gear.