Goblet of Heartbreak (HP FanFic)

Chapter 1: Leaving

"Dad, what was Mom like?" I know I probably shouldn't ask, but the question had been on my mind since summer vacation started. I know how she looks, but I have no idea what her personality was like. Was she funny? Smart? What was her favorite color? What did she want to do for a job? I wanted to know everything about her.

"Mads, we'll talk about this another time. I have to go. I love you."

I sighed "Love you too, Dad. Bye," I smiled as our conversation ended. I assumed that Sirius had to find food for himself and Buckbeak.

Ever since I had gotten the letter from my dad on the train back home, we've talked every Saturday night right before I went to bed. I had learned a lot about him. I found out that his family hated him because he was different and was a disgrace for being in Gryffindor. He told me how he left his family at the age of sixteen to go and live with James Potter and his family. He also told me all of his favorite memories at Hogwarts, which always made me laugh. Sirius and his friends reminded me of Fred and George, but maybe even better.

I told him everything he asked me. I did my best to not talk about my past at all. I told him basic things like my favorite color, food, book, subject in school, and song. I told him about in my first year when I found out about Ginny and how I was bewitched. I also talked about Harry when he asked me questions about him. Even though we never got to see each other, I felt like I had lived with him all of my life. I told him about the Quidditch World Cup that was taking place in a few weeks. Sirius was excited that I got to go, but I had a bad feeling about it. I thought something might happen, but I hadn't had any dreams about it, so it seemed okay.

During the holidays, I stayed with Emily and her family for two weeks. Mikayla and Neville visited a few times while I was there. Emily's older brother was home as well, so I got to meet him. His name was Aidan Lynch. He looked just like Emily but in guy form. I found out he was the seeker for the Ireland Quidditch team and that he was going to be a part of the World Cup. Emily, Aidan, and I hung out a lot while I was there. We even went to a few of his Quidditch practices. Emily and I got pictures with them along with an Irish flag with all of their signatures on it. Aidan told me that if Ireland won the Cup, they would get new brooms and uniforms. He promised me that if Ireland won, he would give me his old game uniform. Alex Troy promised Emily his. Obviously, both of us were going to cheer for Ireland.

-

The next morning, all Ron and Ginny talked about was inviting Harry to the game and how they were going to get him here. By the time that breakfast was over, they had written a letter that was covered in postage stamps. I was so excited for the game that I didn't even tell them that they only needed one.

Hermione arrived a few days later. After she arrived, Ron, Fred, George, and Mr. Weasley went to get Harry while the rest of us worked on supper.

About an hour later, I heard Arthur yelling at someone. Molly slid past me and asked what was going on. Arthur started to look uneasy. Apparently, Fred had given Harry's cousin a bewitched toffee that made his tongue grow in size and length. Molly got really angry. A month ago, Mrs. Weasley was cleaning the house and found a big stack of order forms for Weasleys Wizard Wheezes. It was a really long priced list of jokes and toys that they invented. Most of the stuff was somewhat dangerous, so she went completely ballistic. After she was sure she collected them all, she burned them. For the rest of that week, she kept complaining how they should have more time on their O.W.L.s instead of their 'stupid jokes.' They only had gotten three O. W. L.'s total. As Mrs. Weasley started her lecture, I went back into the kitchen to finish supper. I was starving. Mrs. Weasley came in a few minutes later, waving her wand to finish things up. I jumped out of the way as a few knives flew from their drawers.