Lynch Manor

Julie raised her wand, "Crucio!" I screamed really loud, hoping someone would come and save me. The pain was so intense, so all-consuming, that I didn't even remember where I was. It felt like white-hot knives were piercing every inch of my skin. My head was surly going to burst from all of the pain.

After what felt like hours, I felt the curse being lifted. Everything hurt. I could see someone crouching, trying to talk to me. I couldn't understand what they were saying. I felt myself being lifted up and being carried somewhere. I was having a hard time thinking about anything.

I could feel my back hit something soft. I was still in pain. I felt everything go black.

The next thing I knew, someone was shaking me. I opened my eyes to see Professor McGonagall towering over me. "Headmaster Dumbledore requests your presence immediately. Come with me." She grabbed me arm and led me to the gargoyles in front of his office. "Sherbet lemon," she spoke, and we made our way up.

I knocked on the door and pushed it open to see Ginny and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley along with Mr. and Mrs. Lynch. The Weasleys looked ashamed, and Sam Lynch looked like he was in the middle of yelling at someone. He was standing out of his chair and his face was red with anger. He looked murderous.

"Ah, Maddi, how are you doing?" Dumbledore asked.

"I'm fine, sir." I said politely. I didn't really want to be in the same room as Ginny and her parents, knowing that they hated me. "Why do I have to be here?"

"I've requested for you to have a week and a half off. You need to be away from all of this. I knew it was too soon for you to go back to school after what you've been through. You need to be with your family." Mrs. Lynch said, hugging me and glaring at Molly and Arthur. "We were waiting for you to get here to leave, so let's go." She grabbed my hand and took me to the fireplace.

"I hope you get better, Maddi. I am very sorry that this happened to you." Dumbledore said as I felt the familiar twist of Floo Powder take over.

Once we got to the Lynch manor, I saw Aidan and a pretty brunette with brown eyes sitting on the couch. Aidan got up and hugged me. "I'm so glad you're alright," he said.

"I'm fine," I said, still looking at the girl.

"Oh, this is Taylor, my girlfriend," Aidan told me, gesturing to the girl. I nodded and smiled at her.

"It's nice to meet you! I've only heard great things about you." she said, getting up from the couch to hug me. I never even knew that he was dating someone. I spent the rest of the day sleeping and watching TV.

The next few days were spent with Taylor and Emily's mom trying to distract me.

They took me shopping for new clothes that I could wear during the school breaks. They helped me Christmas shop as well.

We spent a full day at a salon. Taylor, Sarah, and I all got manicures and pedicures. I also dyed my hair back to it's original color, light blonde. It almost looked like Draco's hair. I don't understand where I got it from because my father's hair was black and my mother's was a honey brown color.

On the last day that I was there, Aidan announced the huge news.

We were all sitting in the living room. I was on the couch with Aidan and Taylor.

"Maddi," he sighed.

What's going on?