Chapter 20

1st Day of School

Akashi's POV

It was the first day of school so I woke up early to get everything done. I did my best to avoid Father in hopes to avoid the subject of the arranged marriage crap.

I arrive at school and am the first to arrive. This is common because I am the student council president so I need to be there to discipline any rule breakers.

Surprisingly there wasn't that many this morning. So I was able to go to basketball practice early and get to class with a good amount of time remaining.

-Lunchtime-

As I sat at my desk in the student council room, I contemplated on going to the teacher's office or not.

I haven't seen (Y/ N) all day and even when I asked her classmates they hadn't seen her either. It didn't feel right. Something was wrong and I was going to find out.

I throw my lunch in the trash bin and started walking to the teacher's office.

"Akashi-kun, what a pleasant surprise!" (Y/N)'s home room teacher exclaims when I walk through her classroom door. I ignore the statement and get to the point of why I was here.

"Do you know where ( L/N) ( Y/N) is?" I ask like I'm demanding an answer.

"Oh! She moved to the U.S. and is taking her senior year there." She explains like nothing was wrong.

"What....." I mumble under my breathe.

'She's not here anymore? W-What am I going to do now?' She's my reason to defy my Father.

'Why didn't she call?'

"Yeah she moved to the U.S. with her Mom." The teacher explains further, but I don't hear her because I walk away.

'What am I going to do?'

-Eight Years Later-

I'm finally free from my Father's nagging of marrying Aya. It took me seven years to do it but I finally convinced him she wasn't the girl for me.

Not that I had anything against her, she just wasn't (Y/N). She was too humble, never retorting to anything I ordered her to do. She obeyed every single one I gave her. I didn't like that.

That and I'm still in love with (Y/N). I miss her so much it hurts. She would retort to everything I said, not caring if it made me mad. Instead it would always make me laugh, but don't tell her that.

I don't remember the last time I laughed, or genuinely smiled even.

"Akashi-sama, you have a call from Leo-ne on line 2." My secretary says after poking her pink head into my office.

"Okay." I say, picking up the phone and pressing 2 on the receiver. "Hello Leo-"

"I found her." Was all I needed to hear to forgive him for cutting me off.

"You sure?" I ask standing from where I sat at my desk.

"Yes, her name fits and everything." He reassures me.

"Where?" I ask and he tells me. I quickly pack my work stuff and rushed out of my office.

"Momoi!" I exclaim, making my pink-haired secretary jump in her seat.

"Yes!" She says sitting straight in her seat.

"Book me a flight to the U.S.!" I demand as I put on my suit coat.

"Yes sir!" She turns her attention to the computer in front of her and clicks a few buttons. "All done! They'll be there when you arrive at the airport." She says.

"Thank you." I say gently and she looks at me surprised. Can't blame her because I've been pretty apathetic with (Y/N) not being in my life.

Reader's POV

It's hard to believe eight years have gone by since that summer. A summer I haven't been able to forget since.

I still think of him from time to time. His heterochromatic eyes, the sound of his laugh, and most of all, the kindness he showed to me during that summer.

It's the reason why I'm still single, because truthfully I still love him.

I wonder how much he's changed. Is he taller now? More muscular? Maybe he's kept his hair long or maybe cut it back to what it was freshman year.

I guess I could've moved back to Japan a few years ago but I didn't want to leave without Mom and she liked being here with her sister. She started being able to walk about five years ago, which made her and I both so happy.

Now she jumps around like a teenager fangirling over some anime character that she likes. Yeah she's a major otaku.

She doesn't talk about Akashi anymore like she used to. Probably because she wants me to finally settle down and get married and have kids. Which is partly why I'm going out with one of my coworkers for dinner tonight. Mom kind of sort of made me. Not really. It's more like I couldn't refuse. Old habits die hard.

I was thinking all of this as I was standing by the window at the house as I waited for him to arrive.

"Oh...he's here!" I yell to Mom to let her know that I'm leaving now.

"Okay! Have fun and act responsibly." She yells back from the kitchen.

"Always." I yell as I swing the door open and hurry outside to meet him in his car.

His name is Allen Silver. He's not much taller than me, making me think of Akashi and how he wasn't than much taller than me also. The big difference between him and Akashi though is their personalities. Akashi was always demanding and ordering people around, not that I cared that much because it was actually really fun making him irritated. Allen on the other hand is a very caring and gentle guy. Like a big brother almost. He has silver hair, which goes with his last name, that parts in the middle. [A/N: picture Levi's hairstyle from Attack on Titan, just silver instead of brown.] Then there's his eyes. They're an indescribable shade of gray and are always so full of life.

"Hello? Earth to (Y/N)?" Allen says waving his hand in front of my face.

"Oh! Sorry, I was deep in thought." I confess feeling embarrassed that he caught me while I was comparing him to Akashi.

"It okay! I was just wondering where exactly you wanted to go tonight."

"I don't know." I shrug. "Wherever is fine with me."

"Okay! Then we'll go to this really good steak house I know of and then from there to the park near the airport." He says putting his car into drive and starts driving down the road.

"Okay. Sounds good to me." Truth be told, this would be my first date since that summer.
_____________
A/N: yeah so there's gonna be one more chapters and then it's done! I can't believe that it's almost done!

Well until then

Ja~ne minna-san!!