VIII. Stubborn

Sunday, 06th May, 2015. Day 6.

"Wakey wakey, Zombie." Someone whispered in my ear and kissed my forehead. I mumbled something incoherent and took the comforter over my face.

"Sunday..." I said and trailed off. Please tell me today is a Sunday. I went to sleep yesterday and it was Saturday, right?

"We have things to do," the voice said and chuckled. "Wake up, Zombie."

"Shut up or this Zombie will eat your brains." I grumbled and turned to face away from the annoying early bird. There was peace after that but sadly, or not so sadly, it lasted only a little while. My early bird pulled the comforter off of my face and rained kisses from the side of my face, down my neck and across my shoulder. "Do you wake up all your zombies like that?" I sighed defeatedly and leaned in to the warmth radiating off of him.

"No, just you." He chucked. "I haven't had the opportunity to meet any zombies in my lifetime."

"Glad I'm your first." I replied dryly and struggled to a sitting position. I then stretched and worked out the kinks in my body. When I felt better, I looked at the man who I found staring back at me. "What? Don't tell me I look like an actual zombie now." I shied away and looked down.

"Sadly, you do. And you need a shower... desperately." He replied and I gaped at him.

"What? You're supposed to say 'no, Clara, you look beautiful.' Haven't you seen any movies?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Apparently, you've seen too many." He smirked and I smacked him on the shoulder.

"Asshole," I muttered under my breath and we get out of bed.

* * *

"Someone looks clean." Ezra remarked after I got out of the shower. I eyed him wearily.

"Wasn't I clean before?" I asked on the defensive.

"Not really, you stank when you woke up." He flapped his hand in front of his nose to exaggerate the point.

"As if you smelt any better." I retorted poorly. I felt all my comebacks draining out of me since yesterday. Man, I had to do something about that quickly.

"You know I do." He winked. "You can't stop drooling."

"Shut up, Ezra." I said when I didn't have anything else.

"Is that the best you can do?" He taunted. I sighed loudly and went back in the shower. Grabbing the hand shower, I turned on the hot water and sprayed it on him. "Clara!" He jumped back and our ankle monitor lights went yellow. I quickly turned the shower head off and put it back in its place before standing closer to Ezra. The lights then went back to its normal shade of green.

"I had to burn all that zombie virus off of you, Ezra. Just to keep you safe. You smell much better now." I said with fake concern.

"Aww," he replied mockingly. "I'm so happy to know you care so much about me."

"Not really, imagine being cuffed to a man who reeks of garbage for a whole month. Phew!" I scrunched my nose in disgust. When I caught his expression, I burst out laughing. "Tomato Zombies, now that is a first." I remarked.

"I'll show you," he said and charged towards me like a raging bull. He took us both into the shower, turned on the cold water and we stood directly under its spray.

"Ezra, that's cold! Lemme out!" I squeaked and tried to get away. My very fluffy and soft robe absorbed the water and made me shiver. Ezra on the other hand was only wearing slacks which were now soaked through and through, sticking to his legs and outlining every... sensual... curve. Oh my, I didn't know I affected him that much.