XXV. Surprises

Wednesday, 23rd May. Day 23.

"Wake up, Kostelijk, " Ezra whispered into my ear and brushed away a few wayward strands of hair from my face.

"Too early, forget it." I muttered and turned my face away from him, only to find the sunlight hitting my eyelids harshly. I scrunched up my face and shoved my head under the pillow. I heard Ezra chuckle but I shut him out.

"Liefje, come on." He nudged me on the shoulder softly.

I grunted. "Only if you give me the meaning of those words," I said and there was a moment of silence and then a sigh from Ezra. I peeked from under the pillow to look at his face.

"Fine, kostelijk means tomato." He said in a defeated tone and I let it sink in before...

"Wait, so all this time you have been calling me a tomato?!" I asked in astonishment and sat up. "You told Aloysius that I am a tomato?" Ezra chuckled in response and I took my pillow and started wacking him with it. "No wonder he laughed. You... you... ugh!" Ezra grabbed the pillow once he had had enough and pushed me down on the bed, his weight pinning me down as he hovered close above me.

"Glad to see you are alive and kicking. Let's go." I was about to protest but he took advantage of my open mouth and delved his tongue inside to kissed me passionately. When he pulled back, I was completely speechless. "I lied, kostelijk, come on." And before I could react, he pulled us both out of bed.

"When are you going to tell me?" I asked with an exasperated sigh.

"Soon." He replied and that was the end of that.

This man might just be the most infuriating man I have ever met in my entire life! If only I had something I could use against him to show him how annoying this game is. I'd need to think long and hard about that. But for now, I would just have to go with the flow.

***

"Sylvia, is everything ready for the meeting?" Ezra asked and my face fell at the thought of a meeting.

"Yes sir. Everything is planned for 8pm." Sylvia grinned and handed Ezra a folder.

"Perfect. I'll also require you to be present at the meeting." He said and she nodded.

"Yes sir." Sylvia turned on her heel and left the office.

"Business dinner?" I asked and he gave me a nod. Perfect, another evening where I felt left out.

"Don't worry." He said and for a second, I thought I'd said the words out loud. "I'll make sure you have a wonderful evening." He kissed my knuckles and I blushed and looked away.

"Am I that readable?"

"You are a completely open book, Clara." He replied and chuckled. "But I love that about you." I looked at him in surprise. Damn. So close. So freaking close. Maybe it just might be possible. Maybe in the next few days, he might actually say the words. Maybe.

We left the office at 6pm and once we reached home, Ezra filled the tub with water and added some bubbly, vanilla scented bath oil to the mix. I noticed a few boxes on the bed while coming into the bathroom, which could only mean a fancy dress and accessories for the evening.

"You are so tense." He remarked when we were soaking in the tub. Immediately, his hands came on my shoulders and he began massaging me. I couldn't help the moan that escaped my lips and leaned forward a bit so he could continue the wonderful therapy. Ezra chuckled about something and then kissed the skin between my shoulder blades, sending a spark of electricity down my spine and resulting in a feeling between my legs.