XXXVI. A Sneaky Copper

Monday, 4th June.

"Holy-" I clamped my mouth shut with my hand as I took in the sight of my wedding dress. No, not dress. Gown. Balloon. Huuuuge. And absolutely beautiful.

"I know," Lucy waggled her eyebrows and giggled.

"It... it... it's vintage! And beautiful and so... oh my God."

Ezra had chosen a beautiful vintage wedding gown with organza and lace. The neckline and sleeves looked ruffled with feathers and a lovely bow went around the waist. The lower part of the gown had beautiful - almost floral like design of lace and the off-white colour tied everything all together.

"I don't know about simple but it is elegant." I said and ran my fingertips down the organza, the soft, almost net like fabric sending shivers through my fingers. "I don't think I can wear this."

"Nonsense, it will look beautiful on you." Sandra came almost crashing through the door, her hands loaded with undergarments and other stuff. "Come now quickly." She dumped the garments in my hands and ushered me into the adjoining room to change.

Ezra and I decided to have the wedding behind the mansion instead, with some close friends and family to witness the ceremony. Lucy is my one and only bridesmaid and maid of honor combined while Noah was graced with the opportunity to become the best man. We had set up a beautiful coral colour for the theme and Lucy looked absolutely stunning in a dress with the same colour. Sighing with content, I laid out the stuff on the bed and Sandra came in with stylists.

"Go sit, quickly." She made me sit on a chair in front of the huge dressing table - with the mirror covered for no reason whatsoever - and the stylists attacked.

After a painful episode with tweezers and tugging of hair and what not, I relaxed with a not so painful treatment of make-up. Then they left me alone to get in my undergarments and Sandra helped me get in the dress.

"Oh my, you look like a-"

"Angel!" Lucy screamed when she walked inside the room and I giggled, feeling a bit shy with all the attention. "Holy shit, forget Danny, Ezra's gonna be a puddle on that alter."

"Oh Lucy..." My cheeks hurt with smiling too widely for too long and I tried to put on a neutral expression only to miserably explain.

"Stop before you get the bride emotional and ruin her make up." Sandra snapped at Lucy and we both laughed.

"Okay, I have to see the damage." I announced and Sandra helped me take off the cloth on the dressing table.

"Holy shit."

"I know." Lucy grinned.

I couldn't even recognize myself. Not that I wasn't caked in that much make up but Lucy was right, I looked like some heavenly creature. The off-white shade of the fabric went well with my skin and the smoky eyes and a little bit of bronze did wonders. I had on some plain gloss on my lips and my now slightly longer hair was curled up.

"Sit." Sandra ordered and when I did, she put a pair of diamond teardrop earrings on me, some bangles, the shoes and finally, the veil. "Ready?" She grinned in the mirror and I gave her a thumbs up.

"Can't wait actually."

So there I stood at the aisle with Lucy by my side who decided she would give me away. She handed me my bouquet and I took in deep breaths. Oh God I was getting married to the man of my dreams. When and how did we even reach here? There was a bend a little up ahead on the path and when we reached there, the band of four began playing the music and Ezra looked at me at the same time my eyes landed on him. He looked stunning in a crisp black suit with his hair in that sexy messy way I loved. I saw his jaw drop and I giggled. Stunning, eh?