IX. Egos

P.S - Picture above is of AnnaSophia Robb acting as Lucy.

________________________________________

Monday, 07th May. Day 7.

"Rise and shine, kostelijk." The chirpy voice said. Admit it, all of you think Ezra is the one saying it but how the tables have turned today!

"Go away." He said and turned away from me and took the comforter over his face.

"No can do. Get up." I shoved Ezra and he snapped.

"Clara, let me sleep!"

"Can't. The employees of the Copper House needs to see Mr. Employer with his panty-dropping smile to start of their week with a blast!" I giggled and shoved him again. Ezra swiftly turned to look at me and narrowed his eyes. Looks like someone had a tiring business dinner last night.

"What's going on?" He asked suspiciously and I raised my eyebrow.

"Nothing." I replied non-chalantly but he narrowed his eyes further and pinned me down with his stare

"You've planned something, haven't you?"

"No." I smiled cheekily. The truth was I had nothing planned except starting the day as fast as possible so I could get my timeout and finally figure out what kostelijk means, I just wanted Ezra squirming in nervous anticipation is all.

"Clara, I swear if you-"

"Shut up and take a shower." I shoved him harder.

"I'm not your dog." He replied grimly and stood up. I quickly followed.

"No... you're my pet." I bit my lower lip to try and contain my amusement. "Now, pet, go take a shower. Your stinky coat of skin desperately needs one."

"Careful with what you say. Your pet is very rabid." He said and I snirked.

"Careful with what you do. Your mistress is very sly." Ezra had no retort. Hence, he turned around and walked in the direction of his closet while I chuckled silently and fist pumped the air. Clara is back!

After our respective showers, we had breakfast and I was surprised to see no article on Ezra and I on the notorious page 6. I never expected this to happen but then again, I relished it only to arrive at a scary realization that Ezra had way too much power over people. Which in turn made me realize how lucky I am to be the only person who can be coy with him and still get away with it. I smiled at that brilliant fact.

You could say I was dying of boredom quite literally when it came to sitting in Ezra's office and doing absolutely nothing. Even the beautiful space now started feeling like a jail cell. The view, both of Seattle and the God himself was starting to lose its beauty... well, at least the city was. At 11:30am, I received the saving grace called a reminder alert.

"I have a delivery to make." I said and dismissed the alarm on my phone.

"I can't leave." Ezra replied and typed something on his computer before going for his phone.

"It will only take 15 minutes." I said but on the inside, I was just praying he would let me take the timeout.

"15 minutes I don't have." he said rather rudely and I huffed out a breath.

"It's important."

"Take the timeout."

"So early in the day?" I asked just in case he didn't find my eagerness for a timeout to be suspicious.

"Afraid you'll have to run away from your rabid dog later?" He smirked even though he didn't look at me directly. I sent the message to David from my phone and then leaned in close to him.