XXXIV. Revelations

Saturday, 2nd June, 2015.

"How did you even get the tickets?" I asked as I placed the 'open' sign on my store door. As far as I heard, the tickets got sold out within two hours.

"Does it matter? You are getting your ass there tomorrow! Noah got that ticket for you and you damn well better not waste it. And besides, don't you remember those days in school where we dreamed of seeing them in concert?" And just like that, I got the answer to my previous question. Speaking of which...

"Alright, alright, but won't I like... be a third wheel around you guys?" I asked meekly. To be honest, I didn't want to go to a concert with Lucy and Noah knowing I was going to have to have lovey-dovey crap shoved in my face the entire time.

"No you won't. I wouldn't do that to you, Clara." Her voice softened and I kicked myself for even thinking about it. I drawled a long sigh and agreed to come. "Perfect! And wear a rocking outfit alright? Danny O'Donoghue has to melt when he sees you in it." She goes all girly as she refers to the lead singer of the band, The Script.

"Not like I'll be meeting him but alright."

"Are you kidding me? Guess who's got backstage passes!" She hollered and I couldn't help but get excited at the prospect. After another minute of conversation, I ended the call and practically skipped my way behind the counter. Lord knew I have always wanted to go to a concert.

About an hour later, the doorbell chimed and I looked up to see a family of four walking in. A smile found its way on my face as I saw the two little girls who happened to be twins look all giddy when they entered.

"Hi there, what can I do for you guys?" I chirped and grinned at the little angels.

"We were just walking by and saw your store. The girls decided to get something so here we are." The mother spoke in an accented voice as she looked lovingly at both her daughters. My heart melted at the sight.

"What would you like? We have a lot of accessories and other stuff." The girls peered into the showcased bar and then looked up at me.

"Charm bracelets!" They said in sync and I laughed at their cute selves.

"We have that too. In fact, I think you both could make your own personalized bracelets." They jumped up and down at my suggestion and I looked up at the parents. "I can give them the wire and things and let them choose their charms?"

"That would be perfect. Do you have any photo frames too?" The mother asked. She was a beautiful woman with raven black hair and sparkly green eyes. She had on a red wrap dress that went with her lipstick.

"We do. How about I take the girls out back and let them choose their charms while I help you with the photo frames?"

"That would be lovely. Honey, would you like anything?" She peered up at the man who had an arm wrapped around her waist. He looked down and smiled at her lovingly before answering.

"No, Liefje,  just take whatever makes you happy." My heart stopped and my smile fell. I now recognized the accent to be Dutch. That and the fact that he used a word for the woman that Ezra used to use for me. I also realized I never got around to finding out the meaning of those words. What were the chences of a couple who spoke Dutch walking into my store? If that wasn't a sign, I don't know what is.

The man squeezed the woman's hand and I quickly turned my back to them and led the three women to the back of the store. While the girls checked out all the items and chose whatever they liked, I showed the woman some photo frames.

"I'm Clara, by the way." I put on a smile and extended my hand.

"Aleen. That's Annika with the moon hairband and Arabella has the sun hairband. My husband's name is Adriaan."