Chapter 7: Blazing My Path To Victory

It's been about an hour since I left the camp and the others behind, from the watch I got from my dad before we left, it read 2:36 A.M. I had been walking for at least for three hours, I decided to take a short break from walking, I setup my own little mini camp, I setup my tent, made a fire, and decided to get a snack from my pack, I had a little snack before I got to far into my daydreaming state, I started to think on how to get to the gate of fire the fastest, I was past the cavern, and that meant that that the fastest path was to go through flame valley, an area in the flame lands that was known for its geysers of scolding hot water, this time of year they don't go off as they would any other season, so I had a pretty good chance of making it through.

I went to sleep for the rest of the night, figured I needed to get whatever rest I could get so I could get to the gates faster, as I feel asleep, I soon woke up in this weird place, it was in front of a dark castle, it was thundering, and the door was open, then I look behind me and saw a wave of dark energy, I decided to run into the castle door, from their I saw some weird artifacts, I didn't have time to check them out, I kept running till I saw a silver door with some dark designs, and some kind of emblem, I busted through the door and noticed quickly that the wave was gone, I stood there to catch my breathe, then I looked up and saw a shadowy figure standing at the top of some short stairs, then behind him I saw a silver throne, it was decorated almost the same as the door, then the figure spoke to me, it said " Give me the silver flame or I will cause you and your friends pain you couldn't begin to imagine" I looked right into its glowing purple eyes as it walked towards me, and I said " Who are you and why are you doing this to me?!?" he was right in front of me and pointed behind me.

I saw Alexa and Brianna standing there, I also saw the shadow wave come and engulf them, as they screamed out, I turned around and looked the shadow figure dead in the face, I looked right in his glowing purple eyes and said " I'll make up pay for that" I went to throw a fireball at him, then I felt something grab my arm and stopped me from throwing the fireball, I looked and saw it was a shadowy chain, before I knew it.

5 more chains struck at me and restricted me from moving, the chains lead into a pit of darkness, whatever was in that pit was starting to drag me down into the pit, I struggled to keep from the pit, the shadowy figure move toward me, he looked at me and said " I will destroy everything you know" I suddenly woke up in, sweating,  terrified by the dream I had, it was still dark, the sun was just barely over the horizon, I started packing up, ate a cereal bar, and started walking again.

I kept walking for a while, I was starting to get really hungry, I started to smell meat, at first I didn't think it was real, you know, cause I was starving, but then I saw smoke, so I thought that their was a camp near by, I walked towards the smoke, and I saw a campfire, it was guarded by some flame guards , flame warriors were a part of the royal guard over in the fire kingdom, I knew that it was a risky move, but I was hungry and had no other choice.

A threw a handful of firecracker rocks as far away as I could for the camp, when they hit the ground and burst into tiny flames I heard one of the guards say " What was that nose?" They started to walk towards where I threw the stones, I quickly snuck toward the cooked meats and sides, I started to stuff the food into my food containers, and started to take some of the water containers as well.

I started to look around the camp to see if their was anything else that could be of use, I went into the general's tent, I think it was the biggest one the fire kingdom guard can produce, that meant he was of high ranking, that also means that the guy has top of the line equipment, I opened a large red chest with gold trimming, and a fire kingdom symbol.

I looked into the chest, what I saw was a shield, the design of it was red with some black trimming, and a symbol of the kingdom above a phoenix made of gold metal, a sword with a red hilt, and a black jewel in the center, the blade itself was made of a rare metal that was a dark grayish, I only knew that it had the ability to create flames, and immune the blade itself in fire.

I grabbed a lot of other stuff that could be useful, I exited the tent to see I was surrounded by the fire guard, the general stood in front of me and said " Halt, you have position of stolen military property, surrender now or suffer the consequences" I looked at him and his armor/ men and said " I think I'll go with my option" he looked at me and said" and what would that be?" I took off my packs of things and knocked the guy in the face with my shield.

And you wouldn't believe what happened next, I took out the sword and started to fend off the men, breaking their spears, and throwing out fire everywhere, just when things started to settle down in the smoke, I felt heavy metal hit me in the back of the head, I was knocked out cold, but as I thought in my head as I was drifting off, I didn't care what I did, I was blazing my path to victory, slowly, but it was a start, then I fell in a blur.