Chapter 12: Possibilities

Dustin's POV

"Sure love, what is it?" she asked.

I was ready to tell Faith about my feelings, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell her like this. I wanted to do it in the best way possible.

"Do you know how much I love you?" I asked. She looked at me and nodded her head.

"Yes I do; where are you going with this?" she asked as she cocked her head to the side. Damn! I'm starting to get nervous.

"I want to show you how much I appreciate you for being in my life and how much you mean to me," I replied.

"D, you don't have to do that," she insisted.

"Yes, I do. I need you to truly understand, and the best way for me to do that is to not only tell you, but to show you. Tomorrow, I'm going to tell you something really important," I explained.

"Why can't you tell me now?"

"Because that's how important it is; I want to make sure that I tell you in the best way possible," I replied. I could tell she was going to protest. "No more questions. I promise, tomorrow your questions will be answered and you'll understand why I waited until tomorrow to tell you."

"Fine," she replied. We walked back out into her living room and sat down. I began to think about how I could tell her about my feelings. I've had everything planned out ever since Loissa and I broke up; telling Faith was the hardest part that I couldn't seem to figure out. My thoughts were interrupted when my phone vibrated on the coffee table. I grabbed it and looked at the screen and it was none other than Loissa. I rolled my eyes and looked over at Faith who was on her own phone, texting her life away. I looked back at my phone.

"Baby girl, I'll be right back. I gotta take this," I said as I got up. I swiped the answer button and put it to my ear as I walked out the front door.

D: what do you want?

L: well hello to you too Dustin.

D: I've got stuff to do. What's the reason you called me?

L: There's something I need to talk to you about.

D: What is it?

L: us...

D: what about us?

L: well, I miss you.

D: what else is new?

L: I think we should talk. I want us to get back together.

D: I don't know. What's going to be new?

L: I'll trust you, I'll do whatever you want. I just want you back.

Just thinking about what she said had me flirting with the idea of it, but was I willing to go back to that or was I willing to try something new? I mean Loissa and I have been through so much together, but Faith has been there for me and there was nothing I wanted more than to see where things go with us.

D: I don't know. I'll have to think about it. Look, I've gotta go; I've got work to do.

L: Okay...well I love you.

D: Mhm, bye.

I hung up the phone and just held it in my hand as I just stared at the sunset. What the hell was I gonna do now? I sat down on the steps and placed my head in my hands.

Faith's POV

Dustin was outside for a long time and I was starting to get worried. I think he was on the phone with Loissa; usually he goes outside when she calls; I don't know why. He's been off the phone for a while, but he hasn't come inside yet. I know he didn't leave because his keys were sitting on the counter.

I walked outside just to make sure everything was okay. I saw him sitting on the steps with his head in his hands. I walked up to him slowly and sat down beside him. I gently placed my hand on his back and rubbed it.

"Dimples, are you okay?" I asked in a soft tone. He looked up from his hands and smiled at me.

"Yeah, baby girl I'm okay. I was just thinking," he said.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked instantly.

"I'm not sure it's a topic you want to talk about." I instantly knew it was about Loissa. I rolled my eyes. What could he possibly say about her now? I put my feelings and thoughts aside.

"It's okay. We can talk. Is it about Loissa?" I asked knowing the answer to the question. He sighed and nodded his head. "Okay, what about her?"

"She said that she misses us and she wants to get back together," he replied. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She did this everytime they broke up; hell sometimes he was the one to call her, wanting to get back together.

"What do you wanna do?" I asked afraid to know what he was going to say.

"I told her I'd think about it," he simply said. There went my chance...again. My heart was about to be broken again. He couldn't even look me in the eye when he said that. "What do you think about it?"

I took a deep breath and looked down. "Honestly...you deserve better D. You two have broken up so many times, I can't even count on my fingers. Every time you guys break up, I'm the first person you come to, and I hate that you go through so much with her. I won't be surprised when you shed a tear for her. She's not the woman for you, especially if she can't trust you. But that's just my opinion. At the end of the day, I want to see you happy."

"That's exactly why I said I'd think about it. We've broken up multiple times, and I don't see how anythings gonna change. It's going to be the same old pattern. Things will be fine and then we'll be at each others throats. Then she doesn't want me around you, and that's something that's not going to happen. I've known you longer than I've known her. I'm not letting you go," he said. "Besides, I've had my eye on someone else, and I wanted to see where things go."

Damn! I definitely wasn't going to get my chance. He liked someone else.

"What's she like?" I asked.

He blushed. "Well, me and her have known each other for a long while, she's been there for me through a lot, she's very cute, gorgeous, sexy, very intelligent, she's everything."

At least he wasn't talking about Loissa anymore.

"Well, I'm sure whoever she is will be very lucky to have you and I'm sure she'll like you back. Hopefully this one will accept our friendship," I said as I leaned in and kissed his cheek.

"Don't worry; she's in your shoes, so I'm sure she'll understand baby girl," he said. After that, nothing else was said. I laid my head on his shoulder, and we continued to watch the sunset.

I didn't want to seem heartbroken over this, but how could I not be? Just when I thought I was going to get the chance to tell Dustin how I felt, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Who was I kidding? He wasn't going to be interested in me. Loissa may have been a bitch, but she was right on one thing. Dustin isn't interested in me and he never will be.

One thing I couldn't get out of my mind is what the hell did he want to tell me that had to wait until tomorrow? Only God knew. Once the sun set, Dustin and I went back inside. He went straight to the counter and grabbed his keys.

"Alright baby girl, I'm going to head on home. I've got plenty of stuff to do tomorrow and you've got a test that you're gonna pass," he said. He pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks again for helping me study," I said.

"I got you...always have and always will," he said. He kissed my jawline. "I'll text you when I get home, alright?"

I nodded my head and walked him to the door. I opened the door and watched him walk to his car. I stood outside on the porch as he got in his car and pulled out of my driveway. I waved as he drove off. I turned around and went back into the house. I locked up, went upstairs, took a shower, and got ready for bed.