Chapter Sixteen - Many men are going to need a cold shower when you walk in.

"You will be my only one. Hold my hand so we can run.. you and I, we're staying young." - The Band Perry.

*not edited.*

16 |

    Nothing made me more nervous than knowing I had an event to attend for Marquise, except my boss, Mr. Blazè. He made me really nervous. I'd decided to do some research on Marquise Dollor myself and some part of me regretted doing that. The man was too known for my comfort. I could only imagine how many people would be at his party. And it is indeed a launching party, so that meant as much people as possible. Or, hopefully, it would be a little amount with just the right people.

    Mr. Blazè had given me the day off to go shopping for a special dress, so he'd called it and I did. The experience itself was great. I was able to independently choose what dress I wanted, not having to worry about how others felt about it. Also, a few people came up to me, asking if I was Kendra Hamilton and if it was true that I'd won best dress at Brandon Muller's party. It was shocking, to say the least.

    The dress I'd chosen was pretty simple, yet so breathtaking. It stole my breath, that's for sure. It was a nude ensemble, which matched my skin tone perfectly, with intricate, white lace that added so much depth to the dress. I was praying that the dress wasn't too much. But, coming from the man himself, he did say that every time he's hosting an event to dress to impress.

    Right at this moment, I was putting my makeup on and anxiously awaiting a call back from my boyfriend, who has been avoiding me completely, by the way. I didn't want to think negatively and say that we've broken up. However, with the way he's carrying on, he's not giving me much of a choice.

    It was upsetting how he didn't even want to at least try work it out. If I were in his shoes and he'd came clean about kissing another woman, then hell yes, I would've been furious. However, I also would've expressed my appreciation for his honesty and I wouldn't have avoided him for so long either. It was just a kiss.

    Right?

    Shaking my unconscious and very much unwanted thoughts away, I continued rubbing the brush across my face, evening out the blush. I didn't see my boss in that light. I couldn't.

    Right?

    I groaned, slapped the compact shut and threw it aside, tired of my thoughts invading my brain. Thankfully I was done with my makeup. In fact, I was done getting ready. My dress was on and looking amazing, my makeup looked like it was done by one of Marquise's MUAs, yet I still felt incomplete. When I looked down, I realized why. My feet were bare.

   I rolled my eyes at my idiocy. I'd bought a pair of shoes for the occasion too. In fact, they were resting peacefully on my bed in their box. Making my way towards it, I picked the box up just as I sat down, immediately pulling the top off.

    For a moment, I sat and just admired the shoes. They weren't heels, and for a pair of flats that looked so simple, they held a powerful beauty. They were creme and slightly pointy at the toes.

    Scaring the absolute hell out of me, I heard Kahlin's voice. "Ma, are you ready yet?" He questioned, sounding unable to contain his excitement. I calmed myself and looked up from the shoes and at him, sending him a smile.

    "Almost. Are you excited to be with Mr. Blazè and the triplets?" I asked, resting the shoes down and sticking my feet into them.

    "Boy, am I! Ma, you know I'm always excited to be with the triplets. And really, I like Mr. Blazè," His smile was full blown. "Is he going to be your boss forever?" His eyes held both curiosity and anxiety.