Thirty Seven- Kendra.. before I go.. I'd like to meet you.

"True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen." - Francois De La Rochefoucauld.

37/

It had been three days or so since me and Mr. Blazè's outing that night, since that night he confessed to me that he's in love with me. He kissed me after that. I let him. Truthfully, his words melted every part of me, my heart, my soul, my body, my mind, every single part and there was nothing I could do about it because quite frankly, he's been doing it since I've met him. I just didn't want to admit it.

According to him, he hadn't told me because he wanted to hear it back, he'd said it because he needed me to know. What's so funny about it though, is, beforehand, I didn't know how badly I needed to hear it myself until after he said it. And so I'd asked him to repeat it three more times, just because it was enthralling to hear him say it and because my heart picked up it's pace each time.

I cried after that. Simply because, it was so shocking to me how someone was actually able to love me still, even with my dirty laundry aired and exposed, even after what I've done in my past. If someone approached me a year ago and told me that there was an amazing man out there somewhere, who was going to love me so much and make me feel so worth it and beautiful that it was enough to heat Satan up, enough to give a polar bear chills, I would've looked them in the eyes and asked them if their head was screwed on correctly.

But now, I was seeing it for myself. He laid all of his cards out on the table that night. Believe it or not, I possessed the same feelings for him, probably even more. He'd done so much for me during the time we've known each other that it was unbelievable. Firstly, he took me in basically. He gave me a job, even if it was to pay him off, at first. He assisted me in finding a home. He was there for me anytime that something wasn't going right for me. He came with me to visit my mother after finding out she was diagnosed with cancer. Him and the guys rescued me from John. He was the reason John was placed behind bars. He was the reason I've gotten over Antonio so quickly. It was all him.

Him.

Right about now, both him and Kahlin were standing beside me as I was standing at the front desk in the hospital. After my last visit, I'd promised myself I wouldn't come back. But then I'd gotten a call from Nurse Knowles. It was a scary call. My mother was on her last stage. There was nothing more they could do from here. So because I knew not the day nor the hour, or how close it was, I felt the need to visit. I had to. Thankfully, Thomas wasn't here, according to Nurse Knowles.

As we made our way to the floor, it was silent. I didn't want to talk. I just clutched both Mr. Blazè and Kahlin's hand for comfort. It was a nice balance. They were a nice pair to have at your side.

Once we were on the correct floor, Mr. Blazè and Kahlin took their usual seats that lined the wall opposite the room. Kahlin reached for the remote control and handed it to Mr. Blazè and he smiled down at him before turning it on for him. He knew how to turn on a television. It was just the fact that he didn't like turning on anyone's television whom he was not comfortable with or didn't know.

Mr. Blazè looked at me after Kahlin's full attention was captured by the ninja turtles. "You sure you'll be fine in there alone?"

I blew out a puff of air, craning my neck to look at him. "If I'm not, I promise I'll call for you." When I looked at him, I felt a sense of comfort and that made it slightly easier to twist the knob and open the door.