Twenty One- That was such a hypocritical thing to say.

"If you wanted love like this, blowing up with every kiss.. Oh, should've known better." - Ellie Goulding.

21|

    Antonio, Kahlin and I decided to have a movie night. Of course, we were only watching age appropriate movies for Kahlin, like Disney ones. We decided that all phones won't be responded to, or better yet, turned off, so that our time together would not be interrupted. I didn't mind. Besides, who would need to call me? I spoke to both Erin and Mr. Blazè for the day and my son and Antonio were right beside me.

    I looked down at Kahlin, whom sat in between Antonio and I, and I smiled. Even though he was kind of to himself when around Antonio, he still was himself with the movies. He laughed, cracked jokes, sang along to the songs, he'd also wished that the triplets were here too. I wished the same thing, but Antonio seemed to like it being just us.

    Eventually, I looked at Antonio. His face was at ease, he seemed so at peace. I was a bit jealous, honestly. Only slightly. If Mr. Blazè was suddenly wiped off of this earth, Antonio would become the most handsome man I know. His hand was wrapped around the back of the chair and his fingers gently caressed the side of my arm. It was calming.

    Right when I was about to stop being a creep and staring, the doorbell rang. My eyebrows furrowed, thinking who it could possibly be. Antonio looked at me and I shrugged.

    "I'll get it, be right back." I murmured, getting up and making my way towards the door.

    Upon opening the door, it was both unfortunately pleasant and shocking to see my boss standing on the other side. First of all, the man looked strikingly handsome in a dress pants and shirt, nice shoes, with his neatly groomed facial hair and handsome face. He wasn't completely ready. His tie and coat was missing, yet he still managed to look so mouth watering.

    "You look beautiful." He uttered, staring in my eyes.

    My head cocked to the side a little. "Wha- you didn't even look at me.." I trailed in confusion.

    His brows met and he looked more confused than I felt. "What are you talking about? I'm looking right at you." He stated.

    I blinked, realizing he actually was. "I'm sorry, I-I'm just use to most men looking at the entirety of my body before saying that." I rubbed at my arm nervously.

    "Well, Kendra, I'm not most men. You look beautiful. You." His emphatic tone had my cheeks as warm as an oven in no time.

    "Thank you. But, let's not turn the spotlight off of you. You're obviously going somewhere. You look devilishly handsome." I complimented him, but told him the God honest truth.

    For the first time since I'd met this man, for the first time ever, I watched his cheeks colored. Although I didn't know why and didn't want to know either, that little action caused my stomach to flutter wildly.

    "This may seem unusual and foolish, but I just can't seem to get it right. And I thought maybe you would be able to.." He trailed. I sent him an expectant look, waiting for him to continue. "Which tie should I wear?" He asked. And for the record, his cheeks were still pink.

    I didn't want to laugh, I couldn't. But, it was so unusual. He came all the way here to ask me what tie he should wear? This man really was something else. I looked at the two ties in his hands, which I hadn't noticed before, and cocked my head to the side. "You do know that this kind of suit does not require a tie?" I mentioned, looking at him.

    "It doesn't? That's not true. Every suit does." He disagreed with a slight frown.

    "Of course you'd say that, you're uptight. But, check this out," I stepped towards him, quite shocked at my boldness and obviously so was he, but I ignored it. Taking the first button in my hand, I unbuttoned it and I undid the second one as well. Pulling them apart, I smooth out the shirt. "There you go. This makes you look less uptight, like you're not an asshole." I joked and he actually smiled.