Chapter 7

I don't think I've stopped blushing since we planned our "date" for that night. I had been pacing back and forth in my closet, probably two hours before I finally decided on what I could wear. I walked over the previous outfits I'd thrown on the floor and over to my ripped boyfriend jeans hanging up and grabbed a solid black tank top and long maroon cardigan. Before walking out I grabbed my gray converse, as I turned off the light.

I clicked the unlock button to reveal the 5:45 time staring back at me. 15 minutes. Only 15 minutes until I told Drew I would be showing up to his house. I was more than excited. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we've known each other all our lives and are just now going out on our first date. I was ecstatic.

I headed to the staircase and practically jumped down the whole flight of stairs, eager to reach the bottom. My parents were cuddled up on the couch as my dad paused the movie when he saw me.

"Where are you going all dolled up?" My dad asked me putting his arm around my mom.

My mom spoke up before I had the chance, "Niall, she has a date with Drew tonight."

"Wait...mom how did you know that?" I asked puzzled.

"That's besides the fact," my dad cut me off, "you didn't tell me Addie! You and Drew would make such a sweet couple."

"Well to be fair, I didn't tell mom either. I don't know how she knows? And thanks dad, but don't get ahead of yourself it's just a movie and pizza night." I laughed.

My parents chuckled and my mom answered my lingering question, "I guess Drew told his mom because Kaylee told when I called to plan our lunch get-together."

I smiled at the fact Drew told his mom and told my parents goodbye, after they jokingly voiced off some parental warnings and such.

When I reached Drew's well lit patio I could see him smiling through at me from the other side. From where I stood I could see his khaki shorts and button down. He looked so adorable. He opened the glass door and pulled me into a hug.

"Hi there." He meekly spoke as he ran his fingers through his thick, messy hair.

"Hey Drew." I said smiling back at the handsome man in front of me, "can I come in or..." I slightly chuckled so he knew I meant well and continued to smile as I shifted my weight to one side.

"Oh," he joined my chuckling, "yeah.." he shook his head and moved over so I could walk inside.

The aroma of the kitchen had a slight hint of vanilla and burnt popcorn, "are you making popcorn Drew?" I asked spinning on my heel to face him again.

"Well... I tried, but I was a little too nervous and I burnt it every time so I guess we'll just have to settle for pizza and gummy worms." He smiled as he walked around the long island in the middle of the kitchen and picked up the box of pizza and motioned for me to follow him.

We walked up the flight of stairs and past all the doors and up as second, small staircase that lead to a loft that Harry converted into a movie theater. The theater room was way bigger than the "theater" my dad created in our house. There were 10 very large comfy recliners placed strategically on an incline and a plush L-shaped couch in front of the chairs. A large screen was spread out along the wall with a projector hanging above. It was such a fun room. Although we usually just watch movies in Drew's room it was nice to have a change of scenery.

He sat down the pizza box and candy and picked up a stack of movies before sitting down next to me on the couch, "okay. So which one do you wanna watch?" He asked as he spread all the movies out for me to view them.

I looked over all my choices before deciding, "let's watch Mean Girls... it's a classic!" I said cheerfully as he pulled the disc out and slid it into the computer hooked up to the projector. 

Drew climbed back onto the couch and plopped down next to me. "Oh my gosh I'm so exited this is like the best movie ever!" Drew proclaimed in his best valley girl impression.

"You're ridiculous." I laughed lightly pushing him back onto the couch. He only shrugged and held a smirk across his face as he crossed his feet and laid his head back. I scooted closer to him and laid my head on his lap and spread my feet along the end of the couch so that I was laying down. 

"Comfy?" He asked removing one of his arms off the back of the couch and draping it over my body. Cuddling was something we always did. Even as best friends- it just seemed to come naturally for us. But this time felt different. There was a different atmosphere in the room and I loved it. I was so excited for this journey I have wanted to go on my whole life.

"Yeah, thanks for asking." 

"No prob Ad. You do realize you haven't even eaten any pizza and you're already laying down." 

"Shit." I mouthed as I sat up from my comfy position. If he didn't remind me, my stomach would have. It growled at me as I slid a piece of pepperoni into my mouth. 

Drew laughed at me, per usual, and joined me in eating the pizza entirely. After we ate and got a handful of candy I cuddled up next to him and enjoyed the movie. 

*******

"Thanks for coming over Addie." Drew said as we walked outside onto his deck.

"Thanks for inviting me. It was a fun date." I smiled up at him and pulled my hair into a pony tail. 

"Wanna make it even more fun?" Drew ask as a smirk formed across his gorgeous face.

"And how would that be?" As soon as the question left my mouth, Drew was running across his yard. Yanking his shirt and shorts off he cannon balled into his pool. I was not missing this fun. I pulled my cardigan off and my  tank top over my head and ran after him after throwing my jeans in the same pile. 

I landed in the water with a big splash and came up to a laughing Drew. His laugh was so contagious and such an incredible thing to hear. All my life it has been one of my favorite sounds. I wasn't even thinking when I jumped in and now my under garments are soaked.

Drew swam over to me and wrapped his arms around the small of my back to hold me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I immediately removed them after it almost sank us. Drew ignored my awkward attempt and wiped a water droplet off my nose before he moved in closer. With our bodies pressed against each other, Drew pulled me further out of the water and kissed me. 

This kiss was so different from the only other one we've shared. This one was all of the feelings we've been hiding from each other for 19 years.