Case File 90615

A/N: BACK FROM THE DEADS, in time for Halloween. I'm so funny guys, I know. I'm sorry for the loooong wait, but in my defence I have to say that I've been sick, busy with finishing Never Enough, busy with trying to study for my exams that I have in two weeks.. and all in all I needed a break from writing. It didn't last very long as you can see LOL

So, I'll leave you to the update because it's 3am and I should either sleep or go back to study :) A quick info: who knows me is aware that I can write very long chapters, but I think I will stick to chapters that won't be longer than 2500 words for this story.. this way I hopefully won't babble too much, and I will update more often. Maybe.

See you soon ( possibly very soon, I'm working on a one shot )!

****

Scott looked around the small room for what seemed like the millionth time, eyes wide as he took notice of every single detail he could capture, but there wasn't much. The place wasn't overly furnished, only a big wooden table where his hands were resting, a couple of leather chairs - one of which he was actually occupying - and a bunch of bookshelves scattered around, that seemed to hold more boxes than books. He had never been in a police station before, and he honestly never thought he would ever, but apparently life had other plans for him that day.

He fidgeted in his seat, feeling nervous as minutes ticked by and he was still alone in the room. He didn't really understand why he was there. He didn't understand why they had come to search for him, in the first place. The day had been a whirlwind of emotions, and he was so tired, both physically and emotionally. The only thing he wanted to do was to go home, relax, and have some time to properly talk to Mitch about everything that had happened.

Mitch.

Scott sighed and ran a hand through his hair as he thought of the man, wondering if he was still there. He had tried to let him stay home, telling him that he would call if there was any news about the situation, but Mitch had just looked at him straight in the eyes for what had felt like forever, then had thrown on his jacket and marched out of the house, stubborn as ever. And like any other time, the blond couldn't do anything else but follow him, his blue eyes fixated on his thin frame, wondering once again how was it possible that Mitch could make him feel so small.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of footsteps approaching the room, and he straightened his back, trying to bring himself out of the anxiousness that had started to surface inside of him. He turned his head as the door opened, almost releasing a sigh of relief when the older officer that had brought him there stepped inside, looking slightly less intimidating than earlier.

"Mr Hoying, I'm sorry for making you wait." The man said, making his way through the small office to reach what Scott thought was his desk. His dark eyes looked tired, but they gave him a feeling of kindness and warmth, and the blond found himself relaxing under the man's gaze.

He shook his head at the apology - because honestly, he knew that they probably had so many important things to worry about, and just because he was a nervous wreck it didn't mean that they had to think about him too.

"There is no need to apologize Officer.." Scott trailed off, suddenly realizing that he had no idea who he was talking to. The past hour had been a blur, and with the shocking idea that someone thought he had a son, a son whose mother had died only a couple of hours earlier..well, it wasn't weird that asking for a name hadn't been the first thing to come to his mind.

"Oh, how rude of me. I apologize. I'm Officer Smith, and I'm the one in charge of the case."

Scott simply nodded, noticing how the man didn't move his gaze from his face, his dark eyes scanning him like they were trying to read a very complicated book, searching for all the hidden secrets that would let him complete the puzzle. It was unnerving.