Birthstone

A/N: I'm backkkk. Sorry if these last updates had been quite late, I've been having exams a lot - plus real life shit and my insomnia getting worse than ever. Oh well. 

As always it's past 3am, sorry for any mistake - did a quick edit but I'm tired so I'm pretty sure I forgot something. Plus I tried to hurry up so I could post. 

Remember when I said this book would only have short chapter lol @ me. This was supposed to be just a giant chapter with the last one.

Oh well. Enjooyyy. 

----

A soft knock on the door awoke Scott from his slumber on Christmas morning. He barely opened his eyes at the sound, loud enough to wake him up but not so much to actually disturb him, and he just grabbed the duvet and wrapped it tighter around his body in the hope to stop the rush of cold air that was hitting his lower back, making him shiver.

He stopped in the middle of the action when he heard a quiet whine come from somewhere in front of him and a light weight on his chest. He furrowed his brows, not wanting to open his eyes yet. He briefly wondered if he had let his door open the night before, an invitation for Wyatt to climb on his bed and seek the warm comfort of his sheets - something that the cat had been doing since they had first adopted him.

His eyes still closed, he moved his arm to pet the cat, expecting his hand to touch the smooth skin of the hairless cat, but his fingers found instead strands of soft hair, a familiar texture that Scott knew too well. Only then he forced himself to open his eyes, and even then he had to blink a few times, amazed that the sight he was faced with was actually real and not just the result of one of his many dreams.

He wasn't home - and the thought was still weird even after all those years, realizing that the house that he had called home for half of his life now didn't hold that title anymore. Still immersed in his hazed state, he had almost forgotten that it was Christmas, which meant that he wasn't in his bedroom in Los Angeles, but in his old one in Arlington. And there in his arms, with his head laid on his chest and still profoundly asleep, was Mitch, whose right arm was carefully tucked under his own body and the other one lightly draped around Scott's midsection.

Although being beautiful when awake, there was something completely mesmerizing about Mitch's face when he was asleep, so much that it made Scott's heart flutter in his chest, and he was almost afraid that the increased pulse would end up waking the boy up, ruining this perfect moment where he could stare unashamedly, drinking in every single detail of the boy that had captured his heart a long time ago. It wasn't often that he was awake before the brunette, and he wondered if maybe his subconscious wasn't just giving him time to witness his beauty in a way that no one else got to see.

He was glad for the opportunity, taking mental notes of every detail that he wanted to remember. How his dark hair was messily sprawled on his chest, tickling the skin of Scott's neck and filling his nose with the scent of Mitch's shampoo. How their legs were tangled together in a way that made goosebumps appear on his skin, and that only worsened when he became aware of the tapered fingers that were brushing the exposed flesh of his sides, setting that portion of his body on fire.

Scott held his breath at the sudden realization, his chest raising and then lowering harshly, effectively waking Mitch in the process. He bit his lip as the groaning boy stretched above him, before raising his head and unsheathing the full power of his dishevelled appearance and his half asleep voice as he mumbled, "Good morning Scotty".

He had to blink before being able to reply with a slurred, "M-morning", the proximity too much to handle in such an intimate position. His eyes couldn't quite stop looking at Mitch's lips, his whole being screaming at him to kiss him, but knowing that it could lead to things that he sure wanted - but not before the conversation that they had postponed.