Chapter Twenty-Seven

**recap**

Kelsey yelled at Eli letting him know of the rouges attacking and ran to find Tyler. Only to find him fatally wounded. And then she blacked out due to a hit to the head.

Eli

I heard Kelsey yell out and the pack panicked cutting my view of her off which in turn had me panic. If rouges were attacking she had just left the safety of the pack house and was now in danger.

I growled loudly, everyone instantly freezing and turning their attention to me.

"Women and Children to the safe room, warriors get out their and defend our pack. Now!" I command as I run outside. I howl out as I shift, Xavier feeling anxious for our mate.

Alex? I ask somewhat desperately. Alex! Alex! Answer me.

It takes a few moments before I hear his groggy reply, Eli...

Where are you? Where is Tyler? Is Kelsey near you? My questions just flow out.

The border... west side... I hear the internal groan from him. Eli Tyler's wounded, badly... I can smell kelseys scent but it's faint. She was here but she isn't now. He sounded confused.

I quickly linked the pack doctor to prepare for our arrival as I ran quickly to the western border. Once I arrived I shifted quickly pulling on shorts. Watched as Alex wrapped Tyler's wounds the best he could.

"What happened?" I asked as Alex lifted Tyler up. I noticed the blood soaking Alex's hair.

He shakes his head, "I'm not sure. Tyler and I knew some rouges were close to us but we didn't expect so many. They attacked and I lost sight of Tyler when someone smacked me over the head..."

I growl and frustration and pray Tyler can give me answers I need. We finally make it to the pack doctor and she immediately begins to work on Tyler.

" You have to leave Alpha." She says sternly, "we can't be distracted. When he's stable and awake you can speak to him."

Instead of arguing I leave the room. Quickly mind linking to call a meeting.

~*~

As everyone sits down I begin, "I don't know why the rouges attacked us but I know that it won't be over just because they retreated. I believe they've taken my mate. And I want all trackers out there looking for her. The rouges captured will give us the information that we want.. but until this is settled no one, and I mean no one is allowed in or out of our pack grounds without my say so. Understood?" They all replied 'yes Alpha.' And I nodded, "dismissed."

Alpha? Doctor Emma asked.

Yes? I replied.

Tyler is awake. She says politely.

I don't even bother to reply before I run out of the house to the pack doctor. Bursting through the door I get a glare from Dr. Emma.

I ignore the glare and go straight for Tyler. "Tyler?"

H slot turns his head towards me, "Alpha.. you have to save her... please!" He begs, his voice coming out scratchy.

"Do you know who took Kelsey? What happened?" I ask calmly even though both, me and my wolf were desperate for answers.

"I don't remember much.. but I heard Kelsey begging and screaming at me to keep my eyes open.." he closed his eyes as if searching for a memory. " It was me, Alex, and two younger wolves there but as I laid there with Alex knocked out the other two simply stood there even when Kelsey yelled at them.." he cleared his throat, and I got up and offered him water. "They helped the rouges, but their leader was... I don't remember her name." He frowned.

I thought myself wondering who the woman could be, and why they'd kidnap Kelsey.

"The woman who was with you when you came to our pack. Kelsey whooped her ass..." he said and it all clicked into place.

"Brittney." I whispered, he nodded comfirming it.

He began to shake, "I believe they thought I died. But she wasn't alone... she had hunters with her Eli..."

I turned to look at him sharply, my heart beat racing, "hunters? But why only take Kelsey? Why not others??" I demanded.

Tyler seemed to be considering his answer, "I swore I'd never betray her secret even to you, her mate but if it helps you save her I have to.. Kelsey is a white wolf." He whispered.

I stared at him in shock, it all made sense now. The attacks, who they were looking for... all along they were after Kelsey and I brought her straight into their trap.

"Oh my God.. it's all my fault.." I got up and ran out of the room. Xavier howled in sorrow.

They will torture her... Xavier whimpers.

I cringe thinking of it. We will save her...