Chapter 13: Amanda

"What happened?!" I yelled. He was sobbing and I could see blood soaking her left sleeve. He lay her limp body down in the grass and stepped away from her. I told him to find a first aid kit so I could fix her up. I checked her pulse and found that it was extremely slow and weak
"She's dying." I mumbled. Craig returned shortly with a kit and Wilson and Parker. Both Wilson and Parker were panting and they looked exhausted. Craig handed me the kit and I set to work. As you could already tell from my other hobbies, I was an over achiever. From surfing, to tae kwon do, to CPR certified, I knew what I was doing.
     After I applied pressure to the wound and bandaged it up, I put a blanket on her to keep her warm. She wasn't responding so I gave her water and told Wilson and Parker to find the others and to look out for Thatcher. After about 10 minutes of Amanda getting worse, Wilson and Parker came back with Liz, Jason, Lylla, and Trevor. We began to panic when Amanda's pulse slowed even more. Then, she was still. Amanda was gone.
     "NO!" I screamed. Tears were storming down my cheeks and onto her blood soaked shirt. Craig silently sobbed into her. Hugging her to his chest. Everyone else was silent. Trevor got to the ground and buried his face in his paws. I was screaming and raging and sobbing.
I got to my feet and turned to face the silent group in front of me. Tears were still streaming down my face. Then, I walked over and gave them all a hug. A big, giant group hug. Soon, we were all kneeling in a hug crying on each others shoulder's, cherishing every second spent together. Craig didn't leave Amanda's side until night fall. There was no bringing her back.