Chapter 2

The magician smiled, a slight "hmmm?" of interest leaving his lips as he regarded the young female. He had sensed her presence coming into the hall, and merely a glance at the hooded figure that radiated such an aura struck at his curiosity. Seeing her initial appearance only added to that growing curiosity. Most applicants of the Hunter Exam looked pretty rough around the edges, including the women. Even those who were wannabe Hunters gave off the sense at first glance that they were rough and tough. Most proved to be nothing but weaklings in the end, though, even those that got this far. The examination was meant to weed out those who did not have what it took to be a Hunter, and it was quite effective. His continued examination of the girl had been disrupted, however, when the man whose arm's he just turned into flower petals bumped into him, and he had almost forgotten about the child. That is until he felt her Nen reach out to him.

'So, she's already an experienced Nen user...'

In a split second, Hisoka had his cards ready in his hands, prepared to engage in battle. Turning back to face the girl, though, he saw that she was not even focused on him, but on the flowers she had gathered in her hands. Although his posture was relaxed, he was ready to strike at any time as he watched the girl gently stiff the bloom in her hand.

"But still...the flowers are pretty."

Interesting. Despite witnessing what some would call a gruesome scene, she still fawned over the blossoms, despite their origins, and even tucked a few of the blooms in her hair as ornaments. Hisoka saw that this small action attracted the attention of those around her, and even they were eyeing her warily now. A silent smile stretched across his features, and he projected his own Nen quite forcefully back at the girl.