Chapter 4: I Can't Hear You, I'm Asleep

AUTHOR'S NOTE; I KNOW BUSTED SINGS YEAR 3000 OKAY? I MEANT THE JONAS BROTHERS COVER, YOU DON'T HAVE TO KEEP COMMENTING ABOUT IT. OKAY, THANKS.

Chapter 4: I Can't Hear You, I'm Asleep 

The next morning, I wake up in my room with the covers tucked in under me. I peel my eyes open and blink a few times as the sunlight flares in through the slightly parted curtains of my Rome room. I yawn and sit up in bed, stretching and letting out a little noise. Bradley always says that I sound like a baby dinosaur when I do that.

“How do you know what a baby dinosaur sounds like?”

“I’m a time traveler Sydney, duh.” He teases with a grin.

“Oh, really?” I retort in a joking manner.

“Mhm, really.”

“So, if you’re a time traveler, what’s the future like? Did you take a trip to the year 3000? Did they live underwater?” I ask, teasingly referring to the old Jonas Brothers Song, Year 300.

“Sydney, you can’t be a time traveler and go forward and backward; you gotta pick one.” Bradley explains.

“Right, okay.” I giggle, playing along with his silly antics. “And you chose to go back in time?”

“Sure did,” Bradley tells me, clicking his tongue.

“You’re stupid.”

“You’re a really mean girlfriend, you know.”

“Well, you’re a really weird boyfriend,” I rebut.

“You love me though.” He reminds me.

I blink a few times and the smile slips from my face when I remember the events of yesterday. Bradley and I aren’t together anymore. He doesn’t tell me I sound like a baby dinosaur anymore. Drew’s a stupid, inconsiderate jerk butt. My mom won’t let me come back home until August. Everything really just sucks right now. I sigh and shake my head, getting up out of the bed. I rake my fingers through my hair and grab my cell phone, seeing that it’s now only 9:30 a.m. I have no idea why I’m awake so early; I didn’t even go to sleep until like, 2 a.m. I remember because Walker didn’t wake me up like I asked him to when I fell asleep; he just picked me up, carried me in here and apparently tucked me in. He’s such a good best friend.

I get out of my bed and decide that now is as good a time as any to talk to Bradley. Hopefully he isn’t still sleeping. He usually wakes up pretty early in the morning, though, so I doubt it. I grab my toothbrush from one of my duffels along with my tube of Crest toothpaste and make my way out of my bedroom. I walk down the corridor in search for a bathroom only to find that there isn’t one on this end of the hallway, so I walk all the way to the other end- it’s a long corridor, okay? When I reach the other end, I find a bathroom and walk in, firmly shutting the door behind me.

I slowly and deliberately brush my teeth and then wash my face before exiting the bathroom and heading towards Bradley’s room. I stand there for a few seconds, trying to figure out exactly what I’m gonna say so that I don’t sound like an idiot or something. I clear my throat and raise my knuckles, pelting the door lightly.

I patiently wait there outside his door for a few seconds, waiting for him to tell me that I can come in. He doesn’t. I wait for about two minutes before I knock again, a little harder this time. It dawns on me a few seconds later that Bradley probably isn’t gonna let me come in. Well, he could still be asleep, but I really don’t think he is.