Chapter 15: How Likely Are You To Believe That I Have Polio?

“You know, I really don’t think that this is necessary at all,” I tell Bradley a few hours after we’ve arrived back at Francesca’s house. 

“Yeah, well, I do,” He counters, sitting down in my desk chair and running his fingers through his messy brown hair.

“Yeah, well, you’re wrong,” I huff, mocking Bradley and rolling my eyes at him, partially annoyed.

“I’m not wrong, you’re just stubborn,” Bradley assures me, giving his stupid signature crooked grin.

“If anyone is stubborn here, it’s you,” I reply, glancing over at all my packed luggage, deciding that I’ll unpack it all later.

I’m not stubborn, you’re the stubborn one,” He argues, keeping up our playful banter.

“Says the guy that broke up with me on premonition.” I teasingly remind him.

“You know what? Shut up,” Bradley replies, trying to frown, but he’s obviously not angry, because he’s still smiling.

When Bradley and I left the airport, we went to some little coffee bistro thingy just a few minutes away from the airport. There is where we sat for about two hours and just talked about everything that we should have talked about a long time ago. I told him everything about Drew that had to do with him liking me or whatever he calls it.

From  the time in Vail when he first told me to that huge argument that the two of us had the day that we left Vail that carried on for a few days. Then of course, after that, Drew wasn’t so bluntly obvious with his little thing for me, so there wasn’t much to report to Bradley aside from the whole airport fiasco, him kissing me just because he wanted to for his birthday. Still, I think that was a really idiotic thing to do considering the fact that his birthday was still like, almost a week away from that day.

Anyways though, explaining everything to Bradley took about two hours just because we were simultaneously eating. Once we left, we came back to the house—  not surprisingly, everyone is still sleeping—  and now we’re in my room.

“I’m just saying,” I defend in a singsong voice.

“Do you want some help unpacking?” Bradley offers, gesturing to my bags, changing the subject.

“That was such a smooth transition,” I sarcastically say, climbing off of my bed with a small giggle. “But yeah, sure.”

“I know it was smooth, it’s just what I do,” Bradley replies with a boyish grin as he stands up and cross over towards where I’m standing, which is where my bags are resting on the floor. He plops down on the ground and unzips one of my bags, so with a small sigh, I do the same, sitting down beside him and reaching into the bag. We’re both quiet for a while as we unpack my bags and put the stuff back up where it goes.

Bradley’s really terrible with folding clothes though, so I put the stuff up that goes in the dresser and he hangs the closet stuff up. He’s not so great with that either, hanging them up but when he’s folding he just balls the clothes up and puts them up. Whoever he marries like, once he grows up sure does have her work cut out for her. He’s my friend though, so I kind of have no choice but to put up with him. Not that I’m complaining though because he was totally ignoring me just a few days ago. I think that we’re back together now though, Bradley and me. I mean, he didn’t ask me out again so it’s not like, official but I think it’s coming.

Even though I’m glad that he basically forced me to stay here in Italy, I’m also just a little bit bummed about it. I mean, I really was looking forward to going back home to Michigan. I’ve never like, lived with Arianna in a house that wasn’t our mother’s house, so I was kinda looking forward to that. Not to mention the fact that I really do miss Charlie since it’s been a while since I last saw her. I was even sort of excited to see Jared. We’re not any closer than we ever were, Jared and me, but I guess he’s not so bad of a guy. After all, he’s a twenty-year-old boy who’s practically given up his partying ways just to be with my sister and raise his daughter so that in itself makes me respect him just a little bit.