Chapter 6: That's An Awful Comparison

Life just sucks. So hard and so much. 

Today’s June 25th, making it the fifth day we’ve been here and the fifth day since I’ve kissed Bradley. It’s kinda awful though because when he said that he didn’t wanna be friends, I didn’t think he’d totally shut me out, but that’s just what he’s done. He won’t even look at me if he can help it, let alone talk to me. I’ve been talking to Orlando though- he’s really cool and kinda funny, I guess. We don’t really call each other or anything, mostly we’ve been talking via text.

Besides him, Tanner’s been the one in the house I talk to the most. Him and Walker. Not Walker as much as Tanner though because Walker keeps bugging me about what happened with Bradley and me. I’m not angry with Mikey anymore for the whole park thing, well, I guess I was never mad at him- just a little irritated. He’s just always with Jaime, so when I talk to him, it’s usually with her, which I don’t mind because I like her. Anyways, that night we had our best friend’s dinner and everything was all good after.

That leaves Drew and Bradley. Like I said, Bradley won’t talk to me. And Drew? Well, he doesn’t talk to me either, not really. Not that I even care because I don’t wanna be his stupid friend anyway. Speaking of him, today’s his birthday. Drew’s nineteenth birthday, June 25th. I haven’t told him and I’m not going to because he doesn’t deserve a happy birthday. In fact, I should wish him a ‘bad birthday’. Maybe I’m overreacting but I don’t care. I’m a girl; it’s what we do.

Currently, it’s 12:30 in the p.m., but I’ve been up since like, 7 o’clock because my mom called me this morning asking me if I was having a good time yet. I told her I wasn’t- which I’m not- and then she sighed and gave me a stupid lecture on how I don’t need to let boys interfere so much in my life. I scoffed in my head at that, but verbally agreed. I couldn’t get back to sleep after that, so I just went in Mikey’s room- thankfully neither he nor Jaime was naked, well maybe they were, but they were under the covers, so I don’t know. Anyways, I went in his room  and I got his iPad so that I could watch Netflix. I could have watched it on my iPhone, but I’d have to hold it too close and I didn’t wanna.

I’m watching Supernatural right now and it’s really freaking me out. I don’t know why I do this to myself. Actually yes, yes I do know why I do this to myself.  Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki. Besides those two, the show is actually really, really good. It’s just that it’s also really, really terrifying.

“Hey, Sydney?” Tanner calls from the other side of the door, knocking softly.

“Yeah?”

“Is it cool if I come in?”

“Yeah, sure,” I call back, taking my earbuds out and pausing Supernatural.

“Hey kiddo,” He greets, walking into my room and closing the door behind him.

“You know I hate it when you call me that,” I remind him, narrowing my eyes at him.

“That’s exactly why I do it, munchkin.” He replies, sitting down by me on the bed and ruffling up my hair.

“You do know that you’re only like, six months older than me, right?” I ask him, smacking his hand away.

“I’m aware, yes. Speaking of birthdays- today’s Drew.”

“Ah, yes, I remember. So, what?” I say, looking up at Tanner.

“Didja get him anything?”

“Ha, that’s a good one, Tanny.” I laugh. “No, I didn’t get that stupid fart face anything.”

“Sydney,” He says, reprimanding me. He does that whenever I criticize Drew, which is a lot lately.