TRECE (PART TWO)

Niall decides to go to a party.

It's a stupid idea, really, because Niall doesn't even like parties. He doesn't like the loud music, or the drunk people, or the crowded space. But, to distract himself from Zayn, he decides to go.

The party is at some girl's house that Niall doesn't know, and he only finds out about it when he overhears people whispering about it. So after school he goes home, showers, and a few hours later, he goes to this party.

As soon as he gets there, he hates it, but he forces himself to stay. He's hoping to get drunk enough (though the only time he's been remotely drunk was at a sleepover at Liam's, and even then he'd just been tipsy) to stop hurting so much over Zayn. 

"Beer is disgusting," he mutters to himself, but he keep sipping at the cup of it anyway. The music is loud, and he doesn't see anyone he knows. It's only been fifteen minute and he's exhausted.

There he is, then. Zayn. Zayn and Louis come walking through the door. They aren't holding hands, but they look like there was nothing they'd rather be doing, the way they're beaming at each other. Niall's stomach turns, and he guzzles the rest of his beer and reaches for another cup.

- - -

"This is so lame," Zayn mutters to Louis as they walk in.

"Aw, lighten up," Louis laughs, smacking Zayn's chest. "You've just gotta get used to the vibe. It'll be fine, Zee."

"Don't call me that," Zayn says tightly, and Louis just nods. He nudges Zayn's shoulder affectionately and smiles up at him, and Zayn grins back. Louis does sort of remind him of Niall, and he finds himself wondering what Niall is doing right now.

An hour or so later, Louis tells Zayn he has to pee and heads up the stairs, so Zayn goes toward the drink table to see if they have anything non-alcoholic. So sue him -- he wants a root beer.

- - -

"Niall!" Niall turns. Louis Tomlinson is speaking to him, and the confusion leaves a worse taste in his mouth than the beer. "Hi! I'm Louis!"

"I know," Niall slurs. He's not that drunk yet, but he has a feeling he's gonna be a lightweight. "Hi."

"You don't look so good," Louis says concernedly, though Niall mostly feels fine. "Here, let's go upstairs." He puts an arm around Niall and helps him up the stairs. Niall lays down on the bathroom floor, still clutching his cup. "Here," Louis says, taking the cup from Niall. "I'll get you something carbonated. You'll be fine in a minute." Louis goes back town the stairs, and Niall counts the tiles on the floor until he comes back. "Niall?"

Niall sits up, and his head spins. "Yeah?"

"Here, drink this. It's Sprite." Louis gives Niall a cup, and he drinks it down. He must've been thirstier than he realized.

As soon as he finishes it, he feels weird, and he realizes that that didn't taste like Sprite at all.

"Wh-What did you --?" He's starting to feel woozy. "What -- give me?"

"You listen here," Louis says, gripping Niall's chin. His voice is sharp as nails. Niall is frightened. "Whatever you and Zayn had, it's done. He's mine now. Listen to me, you little bitch!" Niall is surprised by the sensation of pain, and tasting blood in his mouth. Louis must've hit him. "Zayn will never want you after I'm done with you." Louis grips Niall's hair in his hand, tugs harshly so his neck is exposed, and starts to kiss and bite at Niall's neck. Niall is breathing hard, and not in a good way. His hands are shaking as he tries to push Louis off.

"S-St-op," he tries to say. He feels so weird. He is so scared. "S-top, Lou-is --"

"Shut up," Louis snaps, and then he's pinning Niall to the floor. Niall immediately starts screaming despite how badly his head hurts, because this situation is way too familiar. He squirms under Louis, kicking and yelling. For some reason, he ends up saying Zayn's name, even though he knows there's no way Zayn will hear him over the loud music. Niall just starts to cry; loud, openmouthed, ugly crying because no one will save him. He is alone, and Louis is going to take everything away from him. Again.

Niall blacks out as Louis is pulling his pants down. Despite everything, he's grateful for that.

- - -

"Louis?" Louis has been gone for a while, and Zayn is going up the stairs, trying to find him. "Louis?" He knocks on the bathroom. "You okay?"

"Yeah..." Louis responds. Zayn isn't convinced, and when he opens the door, he is horrified at what he sees. 

Louis is kneeling beside an unconscious Niall, and there is blood everywhere, especially seeping from his anus. Zayn's heart is in his throat.

"Oh, Jesus, fuck," Zayn whispers, dropping to his knees beside his angel. "Oh, Jesus, no. God, no." He searches for a pulse on Niall's throat, exhaling in relief when he finds one. "Do you know what happened?"

"I -- I -- No. I just came in here, and he was like this," Louis says. His eyes dart from Niall to Zayn.

"You stay here with him. Call me if he wakes up," Zayn says. He leaves the bathroom to call Niall's parents, an ambulance, and Harry and Liam. He's in mid-conversation with Liam when he hears a bloodcurdling scream, and he drops his phone and runs to the bathroom.

"Zayn!" Niall sobs, and he tries to scramble towards him and away from Louis. "Zayn, please don't let him touch me again, please, please!" He latches onto Zayn's ankle, sobbing so hard. "Please, Zayn, I know you can't love me anymore but please don't let him do this to me again!"

"Angel, do you remember what happened?" Zayn asks. He is so confused. 

"He drugged me!" Niall screams, pointing at Louis. His throat hurts from screaming. "Zayn, he did this to me!" He is crying so hard he can barely get the words out, and everything hurts so bad. "Please believe me," he sobs. His chest is aching. "I c-can't --" His body is literally shaking in between sobs, and Zayn sees red.

"You did this?" he asks. His anger is calm, but Niall knows it's just the calm before the storm.

"I was just trying to sca-scare him," Louis stammers. Zayn hadn't frightened him before this moment. "I w-wanted you, Zayn, I was trying to keep him from ruining that. Then one thing led to another...he was asking for it."

"I was not!" Niall screams. "Zayn, I wasn't, I wasn't!"

"I know, sweetheart." Zayn's hand brushes through Niall's hair for a second, and Niall calms. Zayn believes him. That is enough. Well, almost.

It's not truly enough until Zayn knocks Louis the fuck out.

"I'm so sorry," Zayn murmurs to Niall, hands cupping his face. He's still shaking, but he seems to feel so much safer in Zayn's arms, so Zayn keeps holding him until the ambulance comes. "Niall, I'm sorry," he says again as the EMTs load him into the ambulance.

"Zayn," Niall says, touching Zayn's face before the ambulance drives away. He doesn't have to say anything else.

Then the ambulance is gone, and Zayn is waiting in the cold for Harry and Liam to pick him up.