Its Too Late

Warning; some triggers. Do not read if you know that you are sensitive to certain topics.

You stare silently at the state of the kitchen. You had your back leaning on the door frame and you were sat, tucked like a ball. You hadn't moved since he left.

"Yer just using me!" He spat through his drunken state. You let tears fall freely down your face as you stood listening. "Niall, I'm not using you, you offer to pay for everything! I can afford things, you know that you just never take no for an answer!" You say, raising your voice at him, still crying. He laughed, except not his usual happy and carefree laugh, this laugh was bitter and it stung. "You have a way of always turning things back to me." He says.

You look over to the spot where he said that and saw the picture frame of you two at Disney he smashed. You bury your head in between your knees. He's never coming back.

"Niall, how can I prove that I'm not using you! I love you!" You say, you were mad at Niall for believing this but you didn't want to lose him. He shook his head. "You don't." He said. That stung more than the broken glass you were stood on.

You gently sob into your lap, pulling yourself closer and keeping your arms tightly wrapped around your legs. You didn't want to face upstairs, where he had stormed off to and packed his bags before he left. You didn't want to face another day.

"You don't love me, this has all just been a game to you. I gave you my everything, y/n! I loved you!" He says, this is when he started to cry. You so badly want to wrap him up into a hug but you knew he'd just push you away.

Maybe all he needed was that hug. Maybe that could've been all the proof he needed. Maybe he would've stayed. Maybe I wouldn't be sat here, wishing my life away.

"I had been warned to choose people wisely when it came to getting close to them... The boys warned me about girls like.. You." He said. "But I didn't listen, I told them you were different and they believed me.. I believed me." He laughed again. "Oh how wrong was I?"

Niall had been acting strange the past few weeks. You let it slip by. You let him carry on treating you like a princess which he used to claim that you were. You let him buy you meals, jewellery, clothes, anything. You let this happen.

"Niall I am different! Why do you believe that I just want your money? Do you want me to move out? Give you back everything you've ever got me? Because I'd do it Niall, I'd do it in a heartbeat." You plead with him, walking closer, but he just backed away. "Because, y/n, I've had enough of spoiling you and treating you like royalty, when was the last time you said 'I love you' to me?" He said through his own tears.

You had no reply. Because you didn't remember. It had been a while and you didn't want to admit that. You knew that you love him though and you knew that you weren't using him for his money and fame. Why was it so hard for him to believe you. Why did he never believe you?

"I'm leaving, y/n, don't try to find me, don't call me, don't try and contact the boys or my family, just leave me alone, forever. I'm so done with you." He spat not even wiping his own tears.

In that moment you had lost your everything. You stare longingly at the door he left from hoping he would walk back in and hold you tight again. But he was gone. And as much as it pained you to realise, this time he had gone for good.

You don't follow him upstairs but you hear him frantically shoving his belongings into bags.

You wanted to go upstairs and tell him to stay. Tell him he was your everything and that you couldn't try and go on without him. But you were too weak and hurt. Maybe that would've been enough for him to stay...

He thundered downstairs carrying bags full of stuff, "I'll send someone for the rest of my stuff." He says as he slams the door. Your heart drops.

It had been two days since he left. Someone had come by and got the rest of his stuff, you didn't look once to see who. You didn't care. You were just missing him. You hadn't eaten or drunk. You weren't even sure if you had slept as you weren't fully aware of anything. You remember thinking of all the things you wished you had said to him though, all things that could've made him stay.

Your life was absolutely crap and without him you had nothing left. Your mum and dad are dead, you're on the verge of being kicked out of university as you're so stressed out by it most of the time you don't attend classes and you have no idea where your 18 year old sister has run off to.

He was the only light in your dull and lifeless world. You didn't think it was possible to function without him, and now you're being forced the hard way to do exactly so.

You decided that you couldn't live without him, and since he had said not to go find him he had left you no other choice than to not live.

You cry. It drowns out the sound of your phone buzzing. You slump up the stairs, thudding each step. Drowning out the sound of another text. You go into the bathroom and slam the door shut locking it. Which drowns out your phone ringing. You open the bottle and shake the pills into your cupped hand, drowning the sound of another missed call. As you shove the pills to the back of your throat you hear his voice call for you from downstairs. You hear him barging through the door. You want to get up and go to him but everything was becoming fuzzy. You see him run up the stairs to come sprinting towards you. You can see the pain in his eyes as he holds you close, whispering for you to stay. You hear him tell you he's sorry and he believes that you love him and that he loves you with all his heart. You see him frantically dial for an ambulance and the last thing you see is him kissing your forehead and telling you he loves you. Before everything stopped.