Another Guy

Watching her take her seat next to him, smiling at what he was saying, laughing at his jokes, the way she laughed at mine felt like a knife in my chest. What was she doing here? What was she doing here with him?

I remember when we were like that, before I drained the life out of her eyes, they're bright again now. They're bright with him.

He placed his hand on her lap and I felt my fists clench until I realised she wasn't mine anymore, her heart was set on someone else.

I watched her from my seat, unable to look or focus on anything else. How could I when the most beautiful girl in the world was sat across the room? Suddenly her green eyes caught glimpse of mine and made contact, I looked away instantly. From the corner of my eye I saw her whisper in his ear and get up, I began to walk towards the bathroom until I heard her voice call my name. I missed that sound.

"Niall?" Her voice as angelic as ever asked.
"Y/n." I said, turning to meet her face which had changed from happy to confused. Sad? Mad? I couldn't tell, I used to be able to tell. Seconds passed in which I studied her face, it was the same but happier. I like to think she's doing the same back to me, except I had deteriorated. I guess that's what happens to the bad guys in the relationship; in the world.

She deserves better. She deserves him. But I hate her with anyone else but me. She said I was selfish but letting her go was the most selfless thing I ever did.

I still love you. I told her in my head.

But she never heard that again, not from me.