0.0

Bella

I glanced at my reflection in the mirror, after my maids had scurried away from my room. I stared at myself in a long sleeveless, sheer illusion cut out red dress, which had real diamonds adorning the neck line, paired up with black heels, and silver earrings.

My hair was a rich shade of golden, flowing in waves to contrast well with my glowing, porcelain-like skin. My eyes, framed by long lashes, were a misty grey. My full lips were covered with cherry lipstick which I would wipe off later, considering the fact lipstick made me uncomfortable.

My maids had made sure I looked perfect for the ball tonight. The most well known and talked about ball which was held once in a decade by Mother Queen. It was necessary for every Royal family to attend, and the ones that refused to go where looked upon with shame and disrespect, something my family would never want.

Rivals or friends, every royal family currently in the country was meant to be there. My family and I had travelled all the way to Star City for six hours in a plane to attend this ball. Most of the royal families were residing at the very hotel we were at till it would be time to attend the ball.

The maids had done a good job to get me dressed, and with my makeup, but what they couldn't achieve, was the smile I should've been wearing on my face today. After all, I had returned home for the first time after twelve  years, a few days ago.

I was seven when I was first sent away to attend a school for all royalty, where you learnt everything a prince or princess was meant to know. They way you walked, the way you talked, the way you were to behave, and serve justice to your people, they taught you everything. But what they couldn't teach me was how to interact with my family when I would return, they couldn't teach me how to laugh or smile sincerely, they couldn't teach me how to love.

All the unfortunate Prince and Princess who were sent there, were punished severely if they didn't follow rules properly. I was only seven, a child, when my parents decided I needed to learn how to act like a princess. They didn't think about how I would survive without them, no, they were to busy thinking of how I would tarnish their family name if I wasn't sent away to learn.

Now here I was, a twenty year old, who was nominated as one of the best princesses to ever exist. The princess who put her people before herself, the one who'd learnt the ways to handle a kingdom. But, on her way there she had left behind who she really was.

A knock on my hotel room door brought me out of my trance, causing me to merely jump in surprise.

I quietly groaned in annoyance, realizing my time alone was done, and walked over to my closed door. As soon as I opened it, I came face to face with the Queen of Terabithia, also known as my mother.

She was a very pretty lady in her late forties, with the same misty grey eyes I had inherited, and dark brown her which wear placed in an elegant bun. She was dressed accordingly to the theme of the ball, red for the females and black for the males.

"You look beautiful, Princess Bella," my mother spoke, smiling in approval at my look.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes at what she had called me, and instead went with nodding my head as a thank you, and stepped out of my room. Even my own mother was formal with me.

Soon enough as we walked down the hallway which was meant for the people of our family, my eyes found the king- who was also my father- stepping out of his room.

He wore a black tux, with the initials J.W. stitched to the left side of his suit in white. His golden brown hair were neatly combed back, and when his brown eyes met mine, he looked at me with the same look he gave me the first day I returned, as though I was some stranger he had to tolerate for a while.