13.0

"It's your first breakfast here today, Princess Bella, we hope you enjoy," Lindon spoke, his voice hinting at nothing he was feeling right now.

He was still referring to me as a princess, seeing as how I was yet to be officially crowned as Queen of Cross Bridge. I would rather have him just call me by name, then at least I wouldn't feel like a stranger around him.

I looked down at my plate as servants made their way around the table, dropping off food or taking something away.

I was feeling overwhelmed by all the arrangements done for me, and it surely was making me nervous to know there was more to come.

After all this was only breakfast...

I looked around the table, making sure to avoid any eye contact with Noah as I glanced across at Xenia, who sat on her brother's right side. I was sat on Lindon's left side, with their father sat on the other side of the table, faraway from the rest. Noah was sat next to Xenia, with the rest of the seats left empty around us.

"We are gonna have a feast tonight, aren't we?" Xenia asked, playing with her food.

"Yes, everyone from our kingdom will be invited, as well as Princess Bella's family members and Mother Queen. and a few other royalties," he answered, his voice formal.

There was something about him I had realized over the past few days. In front of many people he was more closed off then he was around only a few. But, who was a stranger here? Me? Maybe in his eyes, yes.

Maybe he was afraid of opening up to people, or maybe he really disliked people in general.

"Angel would you like to take Princess Bella around the palace?" Lindon asked his sister.

She smiled in response, shooting me a smile. "Sure, I don't mind."

"Great then," he started, wiping his mouth with a napkin. "Now if you guys could excuse me, I've got to go prepare for tonight. After all my wife will be crowned Queen of Cross Bridge in some hours."

He got up from his seat, and looked around to see if anyone would complain. But, who would? He was king after all, and most of the time he got to decide what would be happening next, if someone in more power than him didn't object.

"And Noah, you're staying for tonight, right?" He questioned suddenly.

Noah cleared his throat, and I watched from the corner of my eye as he nodded. "Yeah, I am. Hope you aren't in a hurry to send me away."

I am.

"Of course not, stay for as long as you want," he remarked, and then surprisingly turned to me. "I'll see you tonight, until then enjoy."

It was hard to understand what he was thinking and feeling most of the time. I had spent at least more than three weeks with him, but still I couldn't get to know him properly. It confused me to no extent, irritated me to not know what was going on in that mind of his.

I was failing to understand why he could be so rude one minute, and in the very next moment turn around and say something nice.

"Prince Noah do you want to tag along with Princess Bella and I?" Xenia asked him, and immediately the spoon I had been playing with fell out of my hands.

They both turned towards me, Noah's eyes bore holes into my face, while Xenia turned away casually after a moment.

"No that's alright," he said, as if he had understood why I had dropped my spoon. "Thank you for the offer though. I think I'll go help out Lindon, don't want to stress out the poor guy with all the arrangements. He did just get married."