12.0

The reception party was extravagant someone might think. It first began with a dance between Lindon and I. It was nothing like a sweet peaceful dance, it was filled with harshness. As though our moods were establishing the pace of the dance.

Then it went to giving Lindon and I special seats as people walked towards us, giving us their best wishes and many gifts. I sat quietly in my seat, smiling at the people and murmuring a thank you for their presents, and nothing more.

Lindon didn't bother saying a word to me as we waited for it all to be over, and people to go back to living their usual lives as we tried living our new ones.

"Congrats guys," a voice I hadn't heard for a while spoke, causing me to glance up from the ring on my finger I was currently playing with.

Lindon stood up to greet his friend, shaking his hand, with a quick hug. He had gotten muscular and slightly taller from the last time I saw him, his hair a bit longer too.

Noah's blue eyes turned towards me, a moment of sadness running across them before it vanished. But, it didn't matter, because I had already seen it. Noah shot me a warm smile, taking my hand in his before he placed a short kiss on it.

I jerked away from his touch, the same way I had done to Lindon when we had first met after years. I nodded at him, forcing a smile on my face, wanting to make it seem as normal as possible.

Yet, we both knew this wasn't normal. It wasn't normal to stand here and act like I hadn't just got married to my ex love's best friend. It wasn't.

"I've got a present for you," he said quietly, placing a red rectangular box I had failed to notice before in front of me.

I briefly glanced towards Lindon, who took a seat, his curious eyes on the box.

"Take it," he urged.

I reached forward for the box with my trembling hands, slowly opening it. My eyes widened in surprise at what was inside, immediately my fingers tracing over the familiar chain. I turned over the heart pendant my name there like it once was.

It was the locket he had given to me once

The very same locket I had returned to him a day before he had left.

I opened up the heart, biting my lip, as I was faced with nothing but emptiness.

At one point it held a picture of Noah and I.

There was a small folded paper behind it. I opened it up, making sure to keep it away from Lindon's view.

"I believe it belongs to you," the note read.

I shut the box closed, and turned towards Noah, silently asking him why.

He merely shrugged, "I got it this morning. Thought I would get you something you might like."