9.0

"And now the wait is finally over, here we have your Princess Bella North-Haven Windsor," my father told the crowd.

They all looked towards me expectantly, clapping. A few familiar faces catching my eyes. Such as Lindon's, who for the first time didn't seem to look angry as he waited for me to descend the stairs. He was dressed in a black tux, seemed to be the only colour in tux's he wore, with a red tie. His hair was jelled back, but some what still had the messy yet neat look to them.

I walked down the stairs, the spot light following with every step I took. At the last step, Lindon took my hand in his, lightly pecking my cheek in greeting before pulling away.

"You look nice," I commented even though I knew he didn't take compliments well from me.

But, my mind had wandered off elsewhere too far gone to care about what was happening around. He cleared his throat, walking us over to our family members without saying a word.

"Is Mother Queen here today?" I asked, trying to do anything to get my mind off of the memories of earlier this evening.

"No, she's busy packing, but she sent some gifts," he answered without any rudeness, making our conversation to flow smoothly.

"Oh my favourite couple's here," Xenia teased, a smile gracing her features. "Just look at these two, it seems like they're so deeply in love." Now I for sure knew she was joking.

"Enough with the chatters, I think it is time we start the party," my father said. "You already took long enough in your room."

I unknowingly tightened my grip around Lindon's hand for a moment, wanting some type of comfort. Surprisingly, Lindon squeezed my hand in return, because of which I glanced at him for a brief second.

But, he didn't show any signs of knowing what had happened earlier. It was more like I was asking for comfort, and without a second thought Lindon returned it. Maybe he remembered what happened yesterday, and he was only trying to be helpful today without knowing what was going on.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, looking over to my mother who seemed to be lost in thought.

Father didn't seem to think much of my apology, and continued on towards the middle, all of the members of the city forming a circle around him.

"Like it always has been, the first dance will be with brothers dancing with their sisters and vice versa," my father announced, causing the crowd to applaud and make way for us.

Lindon let go of my hand and gently grabbed on to his sister's, pulling her into the middle. I stood there confused, not knowing who I was to dance with.

"Bella," my uncle started. "You're suppose to dance with Francis, since you don't really have a brother."

I nodded, placing my hand in Francis' and letting him lead me to the middle.

"What's up with you?" He asked as we began to dance.

I shrugged my shoulders in response, watching Lindon and Xenia quiet happily chat from the corner of my eye. Theresa was dancing with her brother, Ethan, who seemed to have his eyes on Xenia.

Prince Aaron was at the party too, but he stood to the side, seeing as how he didn't have any sisters, his eyes darting from place to place, yet mostly straying to Xenia.

For some reason I was starting to feel like there was going to be a competition starting soon.

"How's your friend Theresa doing? Never told me about what a nice friend you had," he said, as if trying to get a response from me.