16.0

Bella

"What are you thinking about?" Lindon asked, taking a seat next to me on the bench near the hospital.

It had been half an hour since I left the place, and half an hour since Lindon had texted me asking if everything was alright.

I was curious to know why Lindon never asked me more about how he had my number. All he knew was that it was there since the day of the club incident, and nothing more. He probably thought he had said something to make me give him my number. But, the truth was I had put it in myself.

I shrugged my shoulders, my thoughts going back to the phone call with my mom.

There was a part of me, somewhere deep down that was restless. Whenever I thought of my parents I couldn't help but feel something strange. I wasn't happy, no matter how much I told myself I could do fine without them, just like I had been doing for years now. I wanted to be close to them, to be able to have normal conversations with them whenever I desired, but at the same time I was angry with them.

And now mother thought trying to call me and ask how everything was going, would be able to fix everything that had happened in the past.

"Is everything alright now?" I asked Lindon instead, hoping he would catch on to the fact that I did not want to talk about what had went on the phone between my mother and I. "I hope it wasn't rude of me to just suddenly leave without offering my condolence to Maya."

Lindon stared at me for a brief moment, then shook his head, as if to let me know it was alright.

"He's doing much better now. Soon he will be out of the hospital and sent to his new home I've told Terry to arrange for them," he explained, clasping his hands together in front of him.

"Very well, then," I said in response. "We should get going now, shall we not?"

Lindon nodded, then stood up. He paused for a moment, glancing back at me. "You're okay, right?"

I attempted a smile at his concern, yet it probably seemed like a grimace to him. "Yeah, thanks for asking."

"Good, oh and please stop talking like that. You sound too formal."

For a moment I actually smiled as he walked away, expecting me to follow.

•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•

"Before you go to sleep," Lindon started, both of us stopped in front of the room he had said was mine.

I nodded for him to continue. He seemed nervous with the way he fiddled with his fingers, then rubbed the back of his neck with his hand.

"There's something I want to give you," he explained, unsure of my response.

I raised an eyebrow, "What is it?"

"Wait here, and I'll go get it," he said, running away before I had the chance to respond.

A feeling of giddiness rose inside of me at the thought of receiving a gift from him. I liked how he was slowly changing, and really starting to become more relaxed around me.

As I stood there trying to get a control of my excitement, Lindon returned, his hands behind his back.

"I didn't give you anything on our wedding day and so-" he started, seeming unsure. "I just- I don't know. When I saw this I thought of you, and-"