Epilogue

4 Years Later

"It's a big day today, Terry. It's my baby's birthday, and I need everything to be perfect, do you hear me?" I asked the manager in front of me.

He had a smile on his face, listening to every word I was saying.

Terry nodded, then chuckled, "You seem to be more excited than Prince Josiah."

Josiah Lindon Matron, my little four year old baby. He was the reason as to why I was still alive, the reason as to why I still tried everyday. If it weren't for him I didn't know where I would be. But that was something I didn't like thinking about, something I didn't need to think about.

"How can I not be? My boy has turned four today. It seems like only four years ago when I held him in my hands for the first time. When he looked up at me with the same emerald green eyes as Lindon's, I can never forget that day," I whispered, clutching the locket I still wore around my neck everyday. The locket Lindon had given me years ago.

It was true. No matter what happened I would never be able to forget that day. For two reasons, both in which my life took a drastic turn.

"The guests are already here Queen Bella, I think we should get going," he explained to me, standing up from the seat across mine. "I am starting to think we should just get you a bed and closet made here, you always seem to be here now."

I stood up too, already changed into an elegant red dress for the party. I shook my head, a smile playing on my face. This may be where I spent most of my days nowadays, but my heart was where my love and son were.

"Is Princess Xenia down yet?" I asked as an after thought when I had made my way to the door.

Xenia had changed in the past years. From where she communicated with people, all she did know was stay in her art studio, and came out only when Josiah or I dragged her out. Everything that happened four years ago scared her. She was completely and utterly lost, what kept her going like some of us was Josiah. She saw Lindon in Josiah.

But, one day I believed it would be all fine again. We would go back to the way we were once living. Happily.

"Last time I saw her, she was getting Prince Josiah dressed. Said she wanted to dress him up herself. I think you'll find them in Prince Josiah's room."

I nodded, "Thank you, Terry. For everything."

Because truly without him it would be impossible to achieve everything I had today.

"My pleasure, ma'am."

I walked down the halls, greeting the guards with a nod as I passed by them to get to Josiah's room.

With a knock at the door, I opened up the door, my eyes blinking in confusion several times at the colourful walls I was met with.

Xenia held a paint brush in her hands which was stopped midway in the air, as she painted an h for Josiah's name. While Josiah pressed his hands on the walls, leaving his hand prints in different colours.

Josiah and Xenia were both far from dressed in appropriate clothing for the party, something I had already suspected. With Josiah I knew Xenia felt as though she was with her brother. She did everything with Josiah, that Lindon used to do with her.

And one day I was sure Lindon would be back with us again.

I chuckled at their similar expressions, walking towards them both, and being careful not to step on paint. 

"What are you guys both doing?" I asked.

Josiah wiped his hands on his dirty pants, then came running towards me with a wide grin etched on his face. His golden curls bouncing with every step he took.